Author Topic: facail nerve Schwannoma  (Read 8297 times)

Zan

Re: facail nerve Schwannoma
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:31 pm »
It's called Refresh Lacri-Lube. It is over the counter, but my pharmacy had to order it because they did not carry it.

Zan

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 04:41:36 pm »
I had my CT scan today and I actually don't have a facial nerve schwannoma.  I have a facial nerve Hemangioma.  Apparently, it is even more rare and it does not respond to radiation. 

ANSydney

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 06:48:03 pm »
Is the need to treat a hemangioma more or less than a schwannoma? Does surgery for a hemangioma have better outcomes than for a schwannoma?

Citiview

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 05:28:01 am »
Did you see in the news that Maria Menounos had a golf ball size tumor removed successfully. It was impacting her facial nerve. You can find the story in five seconds with a quick search
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:00:38 am by Cityview »

Zan

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 04:48:53 pm »
As far as I know, there is a greater possibility the the facial nerve can be saved in surgery, although it is still not guaranteed. I also think that they might go in for surgery a little faster since  there are some studies to show that the nerve does best when the surgery is performed sooner rather than latter. I guess I will find out more at my appointment on the 21st

I did hear about Maria.  Someone at work told me yesterday.

ANSydney

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 05:38:36 pm »
Zan, take a look at studies yourself. A surgeon may only "see" the ones that are favorable to (immediate) surgery. If it's anything like an AN, there are varying studies.

Citiview

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 03:03:21 pm »
Zan
The reason I mentioned the Maria Menounos story is I mistakenly thought it was the same kind of tumor as yours. I also thought it was an inspirational story.
Good luck with everything.