Author Topic: Sclera lens  (Read 4238 times)

odirish

Sclera lens
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:51:38 am »
I had my surgery 22 years ago. I have a weight in my upper right eyelid and do not have proper eye closure. I rarely use drops and the eye doctor says the only that saves me is when I do close my eye, the eye itself turns up. These past 2 weeks, my eye has really been bothering me to the point where I use drops daily. So my question is: What is a Sclera Lens and what is it used for? Would it be beneficial for me?

Mary Ann

Jill Marie

Re: Sclera lens
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:05:13 pm »
Hi Mary Ann,  I had my surgery 25 years ago so we have that in common.  I had a scleral lens for a couple of years, it's a hard contact lens that is fitted just for your eye.  My eye doesn't tear so I've had mild to severe problems over the years.  I now use a daily soft contact lens.  I'm not sure you would need a scleral lens since you haven't had any issues tell recently.  You should probably contact your eye doctor to see what has changed to make you need the eye drops now and ask him about both the scleral lens and the daily lenses.  There is quite a few posts about the both lenses, you might want to read a few to get an idea of what they do.  Please feel free to ask more questions.  Good luck, Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.