Author Topic: AWESOME BUNCH  (Read 7648 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
AWESOME BUNCH
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:45:55 am »
I couldn't sleep the other night...what else is new...so I started reading from page one.  I read all of the good morning thread...............  I read a lot of other threads too.  I think that I am the luckiest person alive to have found this wonderful group of people.  I have found laughter, tears, encouragement, support, information, ears (hearing and non) learned more about my AN than any of my doctors have ever been willing to share with me. I just wanted to say thank you to each and everyone of you. A big group hug((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Palace

• Palace
Re: AWESOME BUNCH
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 09:08:15 am »
Brenda,

Where do you live?  Some people talk on the phone and share information, as well.  Yes, I learned more on the computer than from doctors.  At my consultation, I already knew what they quoted to me.  I drove all that way to hear them recite what I already knew.  LOL  I did think of a few more questions that I may post later today.  I'm almost to my CK date.  Each day feels like a month.  (so long)  I just can't wait until Dec. 2nd which will be my first day at home after the CK is OVER.

We are here for you.

I got lucky and hadn't had rest since last May.  *(up all night almost every night since this thing)  I got twelve hours sleep last night with Valium and boy did I need that.

Today I feel rested so, I can do the question answering but, I do have a couple more of my own questions.

More later,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

matti

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 09:51:24 am »
Brenda - I definitely agree with you, finding this forum has been such a life saver for me too. I have learned so much more about AN's than my doctors could or were willing to tell me and the support and encouragement I get from all of you is amazing.  And Yes, the good morning thread has been the place where we can put our AN's aside and get totally crazy :o

Palace - 12 hours sleep, good for you!!! ;D    Hope it's not raining too much in your area.

Thanks everyone!!!!
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 10:44:29 am »
Sometimes I thinks the Good Morning Thread and the Awesome Bunch o' Wenches and Scallywags what blows off their stream there and sails round the seven seas and makes fun of ourselves and each other IS my reality and this AN crap is but a bad dream!!!

Capt Deb

Resident Fruitcake
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 03:50:17 pm »
Welcome to the ANP,

Duh, gosh.....where did I learn this from?

Yes.......and there you have it...THE "AN PRANKSTERS!"

I'm reading my rented book from the library and learning something constructive.  (you all know what that means if you have followed CRAZYCAT)

I still want to see his artwork!

Hanging in there,

Palace

single sided deafness

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 05:33:43 pm »
BrendaO, 

NO way!! You really read the entire 102 pages of GM in one sitting???  You deserve a medal or something for that deed. Oh I know, you need a Tim Tam, double dipped with carmel.   You  must have really had a sleepless night. Especially after you read thorugh it, you probably couldn't go back to sleep with all the silliness floating around in yer head.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 08:54:13 pm »
Brenda.....glad you're here with us too!!!  You are a trooper to read the whole thing!!!!!  When I first joined, I only had about 15 pages to catch up on!!!!  I wonder if we can get a publisher to look at it...he he he!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:20:53 pm »
YIKES..I'm behind on the GM thread...Brendalu you know now we're all not straight in the head  LOL

Brendalu

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 07:15:32 am »
Yes...I'm so glad I found peoples like me.  All these years I thought I was alone!!  Because of all of you I have learned to stand my ground and finally take care of me and in turn I am being kinder to others too.  Palace, I live in d***inson, Texas.  That's half way between Galveston and Houston.  Boppie's daughter lives about two miles from me.  The gm thread is funny and heart warming and I don't know it I'll ever learn the pirate talk.  Maybe my grandson can teach me.  He's three.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 09:00:12 am »
Brendalu,

Don't feel badly.  I won't ever be able to understand the pirate talking part.  I'm just now learning about "Merry Pranksters."  I had no clue at all. 

I'm reading this thick and scary book on AN that my surgeon gave me.  It is a booklet but, long and detailed.  It is informative but, I didn't sleep last night even with 7.5 mg of Valium.  I up't it because, I could not sleep with 5 mg of it.  I got some sleep but, not much.

I want to get back to the fun book on the Merry Pranksters.  I'm doing my homework and reading all the info the doctor gave me on AN.

Oh, look up the section under where doctors post back to questions.  I'm under AN Facial Pain section with the name, Lacie.  It is a very interesting read and the others, too.

I know some Spanish from school and English but, no pirate "buzz words."

Boring talk here.......

Palace
single sided deafness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 09:11:12 am »
you read the ENTIRE G.M. thread?  :o

*faints in disbelief!*

;)
(rght back at each and every one of you)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 05:52:09 pm »
A publisher, Gennysmom?  I think it makes a wonderful read...maybe we should send to Oprah for her Book Club?  If it makes it there it would make it to the top best sellers and a publisher would have to pick it up and the  prophits from it could be used for all the pirates who are falling between the cracks and don't have all that they need and we could all go to Maui.  I personally like the Dolphins jumping over the (excuse this Capt Deb) front of the ship........................................
Brendalu
PS.  My brain wasn't in gear and I couldn't remember how to spell the other word for front of boat.
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 06:59:43 pm »
What's this here talk of a novel. I reckon a full feature movie. Johnny Depp eat ya heart out. This be much better than pirates of the carribean. This here bu a $200m box office hit!

Brenda, 102 pages - wow - faints in sympathy with the girly whirly.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 11:07:06 am »
A publisher, Gennysmom?  I think it makes a wonderful read...maybe we should send to Oprah for her Book Club?  If it makes it there it would make it to the top best sellers and a publisher would have to pick it up and the  prophits from it could be used for all the pirates who are falling between the cracks and don't have all that they need and we could all go to Maui.  I personally like the Dolphins jumping over the (excuse this Capt Deb) front of the ship........................................
Brendalu
PS.  My brain wasn't in gear and I couldn't remember how to spell the other word for front of boat.

It be called a bow, miss Brendaluwench! Not pronounced like the kind ye tie around yer ponytail, but like a Japanese greeting! Our ship also has a bowsprit and a dolphin striker but we be needing a figurehead! Hmmmmmm......
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 04:05:21 pm »
many a person has wanted me head on the choppin' block!
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz