Author Topic: Davenport Cash Store Brunch (No. California)  (Read 3439 times)

Palace

• Palace
Davenport Cash Store Brunch (No. California)
« on: November 10, 2006, 05:32:14 am »
Hello,

It sounds like Bev and Cheryl would like a coastal drive to meet!  (or any other adventure people up here)  We could set a date if you like.  If you prefer to stay over the night I believe this place is still a B&B.  They just changed "hands" and it used to be an awesome *hideaway.*  They had a fabulous little gift shop, (sadly, now gone from that B&B) but, they have a bar with places to stay the night upstairs and dining.  It is right on the the ocean.  (walk across the street to the beaches)  We could drive down from the otherside of the mountains and meet there, if you like.  You aren't allowed to bring your dog when the other owners had the place.  I don't know now if that is an option.  I could have my husband bring the two littermates and run them on the beaches while we talk.  (Golden Retrievers)  I wouldn't be staying the night but, it would be an option for you if you like.  Are there any others interested in a "quiet meeting" and not a *blast from the past?*  That could come later at a more wild place!  (maybe once my treatments are over)  I have two weeks to "knock myself out," and meet some people that live up here.  Remember, I grew up in the "wild country" of LA.  Is anyone interested in meeting at The Davenport Cash Store?  If you haven't already, check it out.......online.  Who can come and which weekend?  I know it is holiday time so, if this doesn't work that is fine.  We can do it at a later date.  The weather is something to consider as, winters are nasty up here.  How about it?  I'm having the rolling colored lines, migraine headaches, neckaches, balance issues, a band in my right ear with pain pulses, runny nose, eye twitches, numb tongue, numb gums, numb face and hurting BUT, I can have my husband drive me as far as TDCS to meet.  As I said, "He can take the dogs on the beach for awhile as we talk and meet."  If you think this drive would be worth brunch........let me know.  We can order something that doesn't taste like metal........which I have right now.  (hummm, champagne might kill that metal taste, with the brunch)

Let me know.......Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
Re: Davenport Cash Store Brunch (No. California)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 05:59:47 am »
 ;)

Here we go if you want to check this out for a meeting place......http://www.davenportroadhouse.com/

Pal
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 06:20:18 am »
 ;D

Here is a "funny-one!"  If you fully check out all the options about the DCS Roadhouse, they have a sweepstakes to win a free night there and since they newly remodeled........they are hiring!  Here is a change to get a job for an AN person who wants to relocate to California and live on the coast.  Well, if nothing else, we can meet for brunch.  Are there any takers?

Bev (?)

Cheryl (?)

Palace (if on a non-rain day)  *Note: the next two Saturday's look like rain in the forecast!

OTHERS ?

Party on,

Pal
single sided deafness

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:40:47 am »
 :P

I have been up all night long!  I know that nobody is up yet in Northern California around here but, I just looked at the calendar and...........DRUM-ROLL......how about the 19th for a Sunday brunch?  (hoping for a sunny Sunday)  I doubt if you all could do it this Sunday on a short notice.  We could meet at nine in the morning before, they "Roadhouse" gets busy.  If some of you come later...between, nine and ten in the morning, the champagne would hold us over for awhile.  Can we agree on a date?  (this weekend or next)  I do have this Sunday open but, it would be a tight fit to squeeze this into the schedule.  Can we all agree on a solid date and time?  What do you think?  Is anybody up yet or just me?   :-*

Peachy Palace
single sided deafness

BevM

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 09:17:54 am »
Hi Palace:  I like your style!  Jump'n right on the gathering idea.  My weekends in November are already booked (you would think I'm a very popular person!!!) I live in Petaluma which is about two hours from Davenport.  When I do go to Santa Cruz (about once a year) I always say next time I am going to stop and explore Davenport but haven't done that yet.  I could do a Sunday in December; however, if it works better for others to meet in November maybe I could make the next meeting (if there would be such!) I wouldn't stay overnight but since I get up early I could be there somewhere around ten am if you all decide on Davenport.

Where do all you Northern Ca. AN'ers live?

Bev

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 09:29:19 am »
Bev,

This all got going so soon because, Cheryl wanted to meet me.  We already talked on the phone, the other day.  She is a very "sweet" gal.

OK, you mentioned getting together so we can arrange something.  This idea came to me for those up in this area who can't make the San Diego trip.  I can't afford a trip right now as, this AN treatment is going to wipe-me-out financially.  I know I'm not alone with that dialemma.

Maybe we will do December.  I haven't heard back online from Cheryl but, my schedule is rather full right now as you can imagine.  I'm getting things in order before my Stanford dates.     ::)

This would be nice to meet AN people up north here but, the pressure is on for me right now with so many things.  (insurance, doctor appointments, faxing papers, my wild dogs here, husband took early retirement so he is here 24/7, I gave up my dental licenses, big changes ahead!  My husband was a mechanical engineer and doesn't get my jokes.  Hopefully, I can make you people laugh.  Can you make me laugh, one-sided?  (well, not that bad yet and hopefully, I can keep some nerves intact.

OK, who lives a couple of hours from Davenport?  (between Santa Cruz and say, San Francisco or just above, SF?)  Maybe I should ask, who lives over San Jose way or around there as, it is a hop over the mountain to Davenport beaches?

Bye for now,

Palace
single sided deafness

matti

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 11:02:49 am »
Hi Palace - I am not sure I can make the 19th. My hubby is most likely traveling and I would need him to drive me. I can't drive distances very well due to my balance/vision issues >:(, I'm OK around town, but when I get on the freeway I'm in sensory overload :'(

Depending on how you are feeling, maybe we can get together December or January? My son is graduating from San Jose State on December 15th, so that will be a busy weekend and a joyous one as well (one less kid to pay for YEAH!!)   Would it be difficult for you if we met in San Jose?  I know how bad the weather gets in the mountains and I don't blame you for not wanting to travel. Rainy weather in the moutains is usually the lead story during winter months.

My hubby is an engineer is as well, I know what you mean about the jokes LOL.

I enjoyed talking with you!!!

Bev - I'm in San Ramon

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50