Author Topic: Widex BEYOND  (Read 3231 times)

mandihester

Widex BEYOND
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:20:03 pm »
Does anyone have experience with this particular hearing aid?
AN right side found August 2016- grape size
Retrosigmoid microsurgery October 2016
Before surgery- minor hearing loss, major balance and dizziness issues.
After surgery- severe hearing loss (it fluctuates), no dizziness, minor balance issues

stephenwilkus

• 35 mm AN removed March 27, 2017
Re: Widex BEYOND
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 02:51:41 pm »
mandihester, 
I'm sorry that you didn't get a reply. I plan to have my WideX Beyond hearing aid fitted in 3 days.  I tried a demo version in my audiologist's office with the BiCROS capability (transmitting sound from dead ear to "good" ear with amplification of both sides) and it was a big improvement for sounds on both sides of my head.  I had poor hearing in my AN ear for years before it was properly diagnosed and it should be very helpful at business conference tables to be able to hear from both sides for a change. 

I was intrigued by some other hearing aids that have Bluetooth connectivity to iPhones, TVs, cars, etc and so I was disappointed to find that there were no hearing aids that have wireless connections both to each ear and to a Bluetooth device like a phone.  I would love not having to hold my phone to my ear to hear conference calls. (I currently use one bud of my wired earphones).  But I've not been able to find any hearing aids with both iPhone and BiCROS capabilities. 

If anyone knows of one or knows if one is in development, I would be very interested to hear of it.

very best wishes,
Steve
35 mm vestibular schwannoma in left side
removed March 2017
Drs. Roland and Golfinos at NYU Langone Center
left inner ear obliterated.
Left facial palsy remains through June 2017
Planning to get a BiCROS hearing aid