Author Topic: Sound Bite stopped working  (Read 2921 times)

terp1974

Sound Bite stopped working
« on: December 16, 2016, 03:21:02 pm »
About 3 weeks ago, my Sound Bite started fading in and out on my deaf (right) side. I have had a history of the wires not lasting more than maybe 4 months. My Duke Audiologist was able to find me another wire. I had the wire replaced. Unfortunately, the Sound Bite no longer works. The "In the Mouth" (ITM) parts still chime so it appears that the charger is still working. An engineer I worked with was impressed with the solid state engineering of the ITM pieces and thought the Sound Bite could last for years.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where I can obtain help with this issue?

Thank you

Stew

Aug 2011, Translab at Duke Raleigh Hospital, SSD
2.3 CM

feline

Re: Sound Bite stopped working
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 07:40:02 am »
Do you have facial paralysis or no blink? 
Walnut size AN removed on June 30 2014 at Stanford with Dr Chang and Dr Blevins facial paralysis, no blink ,no hearing but otherwise feel good otherwise

terp1974

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:54:05 pm »
I have synkinesis and have been through facial nerve rehabilitation. I now have botux treatments.

What does this have to do with my Sound Bite?

Thank you

Stew

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 11:31:32 am »
The Sound Bite is no longer manufactured.  It's been a few years now, I believe.

Have you looked into a TransEar or a BAHA?

Personally I chose a BAHA and I love it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways