Author Topic: Confused over opinions  (Read 2806 times)

Louise UK

Confused over opinions
« on: September 11, 2016, 04:01:37 am »
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has personal experience of this, or anyone who can offer some advice. Basically, I mentioned in my last post that I've had an ache around my left shoulder blade for quite a few years. I have decrease sensation in that area and for the past 6 months or so I've had 'crawly' sensations there, also going down the left side and creeping across to my right shoulder blade area. Also my neck feels achy. The orthopaedic surgeon I saw said there was nothing obvious and would benefit from physio. He referred me to a neurologist just to 'cross the T's, dot the I's' etc.
So to get to the point. The neurologist said he has looked at the MRI's of my head and thinks either the scar tissue is causing the symptoms I mentioned, or the remaining AN is growing! The part that confuses me is, my latest and last 5 or so scans say the AN is stable. The latest was March 2016. The neurologist said I should see my neurosurgeon asap. I'm just feeling very anxious, sad and confused.
Has anyone got any advice/thoughts?
Thank you
Louise.

caryawilson

Re: Confused over opinions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:37:01 am »
Definitely a vague statement "scar tissue or the AN is growing".  I would expect a more definitive statement from the MRI report.    If you have been receiving regular MRIs, especially, from the same facilty, the MRI report should be more definitive.  Clearly a second opinion is required, but don't rush to any judgement, until you get more clarify.
4.5 cm, 17.5 hour modified retro surgery
John Hopkins: Lim / Carey
Complete Facial Paralysis
Facial Plastic Surgeon (amazing): Dr. Boahene