Author Topic: Lekovic and Luxford - House Clinic  (Read 3287 times)

ccooper

Lekovic and Luxford - House Clinic
« on: August 20, 2016, 09:01:24 pm »
I had a second surgery completed by Leckovic and Luxford at the House Clinic in July, 2016. The first surgery was done by a different set of Drs in Colorado. My consultation was with Leckovic. He spent a great deal of time with me on the phone. The surgery was scheduled three weeks later. I met Luxford who was clearly very experienced. And then we met Leckovic. We had a page full of questions and at the end of talking to Leckovic, we looked at the paper and he'd already addressed everything. He went over my first three MRI's in more detail than my previous Drs. I had full faith. What I was most impressed with (outside of the surgery) was the amount of time he spent with me and my family. We saw him everyday I was in the hospital. He brought my husband and parents coffee while I was in ICU and they were just waiting. Amazing! He never seemed like he had anything else to do besides address my concerns. I have to say, I didn't see my neurosurgeon even once post surgery the first time. So it was so comforting to see Leckovic everyday at House. Luxford as well came in everyday in ICU. He had an excellent fellow that had just started who was so nice. I can't recommend them enough.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:51:10 pm by ccooper »
37 yr old female
3.4x3x2.6
Retrosigmoid February 2016 at UC Health
Oops they forgot to tell me tumor was left behind
Doubled in size
Re-do Retrosigmoid at House July 2016
SSD, Facial Paralysis but almost recovered

UpstateNY

Re: Leckovic and Luxford - House Clinc
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 08:28:33 am »
ccooper,

Thanks for sharing your story.  We don't see many posts on Drs. Leckovic and Luxford on this forum, so this will be very encouraging for others considering treatment by these physicians.

I had met with Dr. Luxford for a post-op appt because Dr. Slattery was at a conference and also thought he was a very knowledgeable and comforting physician.

I wish you the best with your recovery.
Apr 2015: Diagnosed with 8mm AN at age 49
Oct 2015: MRI showed growth to 12mm
Feb 2016: Completely removed via Transcochlear approach at House Clinic; no facial/eye issues, balance improved
Aug 2016: MRI shows no regrowth/residual tumor

My story:  http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=22581.0