Author Topic: What to expect post surgery ...  (Read 2743 times)

Sheba

What to expect post surgery ...
« on: June 04, 2016, 04:01:14 pm »

I bumped into this article today,

this lady is pretty funny and apparently is a very successful travel blogger:

http://www.everywhereist.com/20-things-you-can-expect-after-brain-surgery/

anyway she made me laugh and reinforces some key points for those of us approaching surgery date ....
Diagnosed 4/2016 1.4cm AN.  Mild hearing loss and tinnitus.
Removed 7/2016 at Keck, Drs. Freidman and Giannotta, Retrosig approach.  Lost hearing in AN ear, but no other negative outcomes.  Will investigate bone anchored hearing devices.

Kristena

Re: What to expect post surgery ...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 12:12:29 pm »
Funny! Two things that struck me:

#3 about your attention span: The first movie I watched when I returned home was Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained," which to me at the time was the absolute longest and most confusing movie ever. It felt like it took days to get through it, and I remember nothing but a bunch of shooting. And now that I look back, it probably still would be one of the longest and most confusing movies!

#6 about your senses: As I was walking the hospital halls with my physical therapist the first couple of days, I would announce what each room was having to eat. "Mmm, I smell a hamburger!" or "I'll bet he's having bbq pulled pork." It was freaking my husband out!
2.7 cm meningioma in CPA and IAC
Retrosig June 2013 resulted in Facial paralysis and SSD
6-mo post-op MRI showed 1.0 cm remains in IAC
3-yr MRI still shows no new growth!
6/2014 Baha magnet implanted; 8/2014 magnet removed due to poor healing; 9/2014 abutment installed. Hearing fine!