Author Topic: Blurred vision and tracers  (Read 3733 times)

kkweiher

Blurred vision and tracers
« on: February 29, 2016, 02:57:48 pm »
Been awhile since I posted here.............  It's been almost 9 years since my translab surgery and it's been an up and down hill.  I had pretty much accepted the tinnitus that tried to make me go crazy and now the ugly cycle is beginning again.

I have been able to keep working and now have a new job, almost 5 months in.  The challenges have been a constant being as I am doing something different then I had been used to doing.  Seems its harder for me to take in and retain new information.  I find the tinnitus is sometimes just to much.  I still have bouts of vertigo that are pretty debilitating being as they usually are accompanied by me taking up residence in the bathroom being nauseated.  Don't know if I'm getting old so I'm tired alllllll the time or if this freaking noise is taking all my energy.  Whatever, I've been managing.  So, I went for my bi-annual MRI and was expecting my ENT which is usually known to me as Mr. Happy ( I removed your tumor and you are completely recovered even though you are deaf on the left side and have crazy noise) and when he saw my MRI he rang his nurse and said "Get me her last MRI"  :o WTH, yea I was so accustomed to his report of all okay.  I knew they had debulked the tumor that was near the brain stem and cut off it's blood supply. Wellllllllllllllllll, the thing has apparently found a new supply because that sucker was glowing like nobody's business.

OMG I am loosing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Does life ever get easier.  It's bad enough that the stupid ringing in my head makes me feel crazy and isolated, walking in the dark is a joke (if you like crashing into things and feeling completely lost), going to a restaurant oh no I rarely do that, to much noise and let me not get on the issue of crying at the drop of a hat.  Yea believe it or not I'm already on zanex.  Have seen several therapist and they all are quite interested in my story and want me to elaborate on the noise....."How do you deal with it"....... REALLY, I'm paying you :-X

Okayyyyyyyy pity party over, the end.  :'( 
Kimbra
AN 1.6x2.5x2.0,removed by trans lab approach 3-16-07 by Dr. Michael McGee ENT and Donnie Horton Neurologist at Baptist hosp, Okc.  Took 10hrs.

kkweiher

Re: Blurred vision and tracers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:40:28 pm »
 ;) ;) I'm not one to wait around and have been doing my research...... If its time for another surgery this is what I am going to seriously be looking into. Wish it would have been available when I started this journey.....    http://m.skullgaseinstitute.com/acoustic-neuroma/?
Kimbra
AN 1.6x2.5x2.0,removed by trans lab approach 3-16-07 by Dr. Michael McGee ENT and Donnie Horton Neurologist at Baptist hosp, Okc.  Took 10hrs.