Author Topic: Acoustic Neuroma  (Read 2671 times)

Lord havemercy

Acoustic Neuroma
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:24:02 pm »
just found out that i have Acoustic neuroma and have to have the tumor removed from my left ear.i am very nervous because of symptoms that will occur afterwards and they may be more pronounced with other symptms also occuring. have anyone had a tumor removed from one of their ears, and if so can you let me know what you are going through afterwards as opposed to before the surgery. would appreciate it. just wish i didn't have to go through this______HELP!

operarose

Re: Acoustic Neuroma
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:04:14 pm »
Hi

Did they tell you what size your tumor is?

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Re: Acoustic Neuroma
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 10:20:25 pm »
Take a couple of deep breaths and relax. Most of us on this forum have had some version of what you are facing. It is scary, but eminently survivable.  You are also in safe place to talk about this. First thing you should do is contact the ANA and ask for their materials. Spend some time reading those and some of the posts here, and perhaps you can relax just a bit as you start considering treatment options.

We can probably be more help if you tell us a little bit about your diagnosis. That way folks with similar tumor presentations and share their experiences and you will find that a bit more helpful. Some of us (like me) are pretty unusual (odd) cases.

We are sorry you are here, but we are glad you found us.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.