Author Topic: Request for Physician References in FL  (Read 9132 times)

CelesteMarie

Re: Request for Physician References in FL
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 07:44:03 pm »
That is wonderful news Lisav!! So happy to hear you did so well and are already home!! Sounds like you were well taken care of & both doctors gave you the best treatment and care! Hearing this solidifies my decision to go with them for the surgery. I'm looking at probably July. I need to plan for family coming in, my job, care for my animals, etc. How long were you in surgery? Hope your balance gets better! I lost 77 pounds last year and am in the best shape I have been since high school. I'm glad to hear that helped you as well! Thrilled to hear your results!! Looking forward to more updates  :) :)

lisav

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 10:45:42 am »
Hi everyone. Just a short update to let you all know I continue to improve. I stopped the pain meds yesterday and am just taking Advil. The pain meds made me feel loopy and nauseas. I am still a little dizzy and very tired but feeling better everyday. I was so worried about my surgery but am so glad I put my faith in Dr Agazzi and Dr Allen as well as all of the nurses and other techs who took care of me. I am indebted to them forever. Thank you to everyone for the ongoing support and encouragement. Take care.
Diagnosed 9-14-2015
1.5x1.6x1.2 cm
2nd MRI on 1-18-2016 now 2.20 cm
Translab scheduled for 2-22-16
Tampa General with Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen.

CelesteMarie

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 06:19:42 pm »
I'm so happy to hear that Lisa!! I hope that you continue to heal and recover smoothly. It's amazing how soon after brain surgery you are off pain meds & doing so well! I so appreciate you sharing your story as I'm very scared & worried myself! I have been emailing with Dr. Agazzi & should have my surgery date soon! I'll keep you posted!

CelesteMarie

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2016, 05:43:26 pm »
Surgery date for translab set for July 19th with Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen!

lisav

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 12:45:37 pm »
Hi Celeste. Thanks for letting me know of your surgery date. I am a school counselor and have summers off so please let me know when your surgery is near if you need anything at all. I will gladly come and see you at the hospital or your home.......just know I am available. So since I came home I have been doing well. I had a couple crappy days due to getting sick from the pain meds. I got nausea meds from my PCP but ultimately chose to just stop the pain meds all together and am just taking Advil. I continue taking Advil as needed. I
no longer need my walker and am just using a cane. I walked today for 45 minutes and felt good. I have followup appointments with Dr. Agazzi and Dr. Allen on Monday. Overall I am doing well. I can't believe it has only been a couple weeks since surgery. Take care.

I think I told you before but I was very impressed with all of the care I received while at the hospital. Everyone was so nice and respectful.
Diagnosed 9-14-2015
1.5x1.6x1.2 cm

CelesteMarie

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 09:09:59 pm »
Thank you so much Lisa! That is very sweet of you to offer. It's nice you have the summer off! My husband will be with me and our little chihuahua's. We got a hotel within walking distance that is pet friendly. I was so thankful! I am so happy to hear your progress! Being off the walker & the fact that you walked 45 minutes today is excellent! Did the hospital give you the walker & cane or did you have to get that shead of time in case? Some pain meds don't agree with me either with nausea. Glad the Advil is working for you! I'm so happy to hear your doing well. It puts me more at ease and that I made the right decision. I have been very anxious this week with setting the surgery date & all of the pre surgery appointments rolling in! Hearing how your doing really helps me a lot & I appreciate your updates so much! Let me know how Monday goes for your follow ups! Forgot to ask, how long were you in surgery?

lisav

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2016, 04:34:57 pm »
Hey Celeste. My surgery was 5 hours long. I got a walker at the hospital when I left which I will gladly give you if you need it. I remember being very nervous a couple months before surgery about things like not wanting to wake from surgery and throw up, not wanting to be very dizzy, not wanting to have facial paraysis. Days before I stopped thinking about these things and just put faith in the surgeons. 

I will let you know how the follow up appointments go tomorrow. I saw that there is a support group meeting on April 30 in Sarasota with Dr. Agazzi presenting...... I have never been to a support group meeting before my surgery.......not sure why but am going to start going now that I can hopefully help someone else.........

Again.....anything I can do to help please let me know.
Diagnosed 9-14-2015
1.5x1.6x1.2 cm

CelesteMarie

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 04:25:16 pm »
Hi Lisa! How did your follow up go? I hope everything went really well for you! Did you have to have stitches removed? Dr Agazzi & Dr Allen both said my surgery would be about 5 hours too! I'll let you know about the walker! I'll ask at my pre-op appt :) it's good to know I'm not alone in feeling so anxious. I think about the craziest things lol!
Sarasota is a little over 3 hours for me, I'm in Sanford. I'll have to see what's going on if I can make it. Would love to meet you in person & hear Dr. Agazzi speak. I can tell you connecting with you has helped me tremendously, I hang on your every word of how things are going for you. It's amazing to have found someone with such a similar situation, same surgery, same docs, etc.  I appreciate every update & detail you give. I know everyone is different but it gives me an idea of what to expect. I'm so thankful for that!

I hope all went well for you today & that you are continuing to feel better each day!