Author Topic: What to do with my eye  (Read 13190 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Re: What to do with my eye
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 01:11:12 pm »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

keithmac

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 03:12:32 pm »
Keith - Look here http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4310

thanks - I took a quick look but it looks like a quiet website.  I found that Moorfield's Eye Hospital had a useful piece but I've no idea how widely the lens is used after A.N. surgery and subsequent eye problems..  But now I have enough basic information and I can find more here - thank you again.

ps Strike the above - I looked again more carefully and found the forum pages - sorry
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:15:59 pm by keithmac »

william5822

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 05:46:52 am »
Thank you everyone. I have talked with one of my docs here (I work for an ophthalmologist office) and will get my husband in to check out this lens. :)
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable

Jill Marie

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 08:09:42 pm »
It was so great to see all the posts about the scleral lens when I got back from my vacation.  Enjoyed reading all of them but didn't have time to reply as post vacation is always hectic and then our youngest who is in the military was home on leave. 

I'm so glad that the word is getting out about the lens so it can bring relief to those like me that have dealt with this for way to many years, for those that have been in pain for several years and for those just starting this journey.  I will never forget the name of the lady that first posted on this site about the lens, she changed my life, her name is Dena King.

It's encouraging to know that the medical profession is continuing to find ways to help us.  I'm going to see my eye doctor soon to check on a daily disposable lens.  My eye doctor has treated me really well so we help each other out.  I'm her test guinea pig and I'm glad to do it.  Will have to see if the lens works, bit smaller then mine and of course compare the cost.  The lenses cost a bit more but I wouldn't need as many cleaning supplies which would offset the cost.  Will of course let everyone know how it goes. 

Look forward to reading more posts about more of you getting the lens.  Feel free to ask questions, will help when I can.  Jill Marie
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:12 pm »
The scleral lens is AMAZING!  I've had total right sided facial paralysis since 2006, & finally, in 2013 I found out (thank you Jill Marie!) about the scleral lens, found Dr. Kenneth Mahler in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, & am lubricant free during the day!  Only need to put lubricant in + DRYEYE moisture chamber at night.
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis