Author Topic: My proton therapy experience  (Read 3745 times)

keithmcgowan

My proton therapy experience
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:51:46 am »
I had proton therapy for treatment of my acoustic neuroma two years ago.  Dr. Jay Loeffler at Mass General Hospital treated me. The MRI I had done six months ago showed that the tumor has shrunk a little bit.  I am happy to speak with anyone regarding this treatment.  I can be reached at .....

Note:  For your protection/privacy I am removing your contact information.  We urge forum posters to use the private messaging system to exchange contact information.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:01:39 am by CHD63 »

dominic12345

Re: My proton therapy experience
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 05:39:32 pm »
Keith,

Please email me so I can get your contact information... I'd appreciate the information on your experience.  I am scheduled for a Gama Ray procedure in 4 weeks and I've been looking for information on the Proton therapy.  I was diagnosed with a small right side Acoustic Neuroma 24 months ago with slight growth over the last 24 months.  Mild hearing loss and slight balance issues (very slight).  Because of the change in my hearing comprehension, The Gama Knife was recommended.

I just contacted the Northwestern Medicine center in Chicago and they are reviewing my MRI's and radiology reports to see if I would qualify or benefit from the Proton therapy.

55 years of age, excellent health (runner) self employed business consultant who loves life and wants the best option to choose.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dominic

Fultq_12

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 01:51:47 am »
It’s good to know that you had relief with this Proton therapy. Thanks for sharing your experience. I also had similar problems and took acupuncture treatment at a professional Mississauga acupuncture clinic and have got good results.

KeepSmiling

• details about patient written by wife.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:53:46 am »
My husband had proton therapy. Please send us a personal message if we could offer any valuable insights.
12/O6/2O12: 1.5 cm lesion.Proton Therapy-July/Aug, 2013 Massachusetts General Hospital. 2/23/2018 MRI: 1. Small .5 cm x(AP) x .8 cm (TV) x .8 cm (CC )left intracanicular acoustic schwannoma) Completely deaf in one ear. Occasional tinnitus. Zero side effects.