Author Topic: taste and drip  (Read 114 times)

FluTeacher

taste and drip
« on: April 03, 2024, 11:20:06 am »
I had translab surgery July, 2022. About 7 months later I noticed a decrease in taste sensation and over time felt I was dripping fluid from the roof of my mouth that needed to be sucked out.  The taste of that secretion has gotten worse.  Occasionally it leaks from my nose, and down my throat and the taste is rancid vinegar.  It's awful not tasting food, barely getting sweet. I can taste salt (even in Ice Cream which I have no tolerance for - its too cold and feels as though it burns my mouth).  MRI an CT scans have conclude negative for CSF yet  that how it feels. Occasionally cranial pressure, leaking, occasional nose bleeds, blah blah blah. Any thoughts or guidance would be very much appreciated.  I am very frustrated and have a har time sitting up for long periods of time. Symptoms worsen with exercise. I do feel better lying down. thank you for listening to my rant.

donjehle

Re: taste and drip
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 09:35:15 pm »
Welcome, FluTeacher, and welcome to the ANA Forums, and thank you for posting!

I'm wondering what you think may have caused these symptoms after your translab surgery?  Do you think the surgeon nicked a nerve?  Or what is your guess?  And what are the doctors saying about it now?

Best wishes on your journey!
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.