Author Topic: Can you be post and pre treatment?  (Read 1884 times)

nancrk

Can you be post and pre treatment?
« on: March 07, 2015, 02:18:12 pm »
This January was 8 years since my GN procedure for a small right side AN.  In February I had a follow-up MRI after 3 yrs and learned that its growing again.  Now I'm having headaches and some facial ticks when I smile.  The pain is behind my right eye and in my right temple mainly but could be across the whole front of my head at times.  I see the doc Mar 16th so see what the next step is.  I expect a wait and see for at least six months and then a redo of the MRI.  Anyone have any similar experiences?  Thanks...getting scared now.
Diagnosed 09/2007
Gamma Knife 01/2008
New Growth 02/2015

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Can you be post and pre treatment?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 04:07:28 pm »
Hi nancrk and welcome to this forum .....

I experienced regrowth, but following surgical removal so there are no guarantees with any treatment plan, it seems.

You do not say who your doctor was/is but I do hope it is someone with vast experience in treating specifically acoustic neuromas.  It seems like they sometimes respond to treatment differently than other types of brain tumors.

There are a number of medical facilities in the US who will do free, expert evaluations of your MRI.  You might consider getting an additional opinion this way.

Let us know what your doctor says on the 16th.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011