Author Topic: One Month Post-Op  (Read 5184 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
One Month Post-Op
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:25:30 am »
Yesterday, I was one month post-op.  And I feel really good!  I'm getting my energy back (not 100% yet); dizziness/balance is the same as it was pre-op (which means I can't spin in circles with the kids and I occasionally take an extra step when walking); my hearing is the same as it was pre-op (gone on the left); no pain around my incision, and mild headaches only every few days (solved with Advil).  I can't believe how lucky I am!  :-)

My only real continuing symptom is the partially numb hand from the pressure bruise.  But I still see improvement week-to-week with that.

And it's a very good thing I've recovered so quickly.  10 days ago, my father (62) was diagnosed with an acute leukemia.  My parents have come up to Boston (they live in Maryland) to get treatment at Dana Farber, so our house is going to be busy with visitors (our family is spread around the country) while my father spends the next 4-6 weeks in the hospital.

As they say, when it rains, it pours.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

BusyBonnie

Re: One Month Post-Op
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:00:54 am »
Katie,

Ã‚       I'm so glad to hear you are doing well! I'm very sorry to hear about your Father and wish him the best! I have not had my AN treated yet and I'm leaning towards GK or CK since mine is only 1.1 cm. I know about the when it rains it pours. My Husband was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis the day before my consult with Dr. Harris at UCSD. We're quite a match! I truly hope your Father will be ok. I know medicine has come a long way in treating Leukemia and my prayers are with you and your family.

Lana
Mother and wife.
2006 11mm acoustic neuroma.
GK Dec. 27th 2006 at SD Gamma Knife Center.
June 2007 MRI - No signs of necrosis.
April 9th 2013 - 13mm
Will be scheduling radiosurgery again

suelay

Re: One Month Post-Op
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:55:06 am »
Glad you are doing so well.  Don't overdo, especially with your Father's diagnosis coming at this time.  Thankfully, they have made tremendous progress in treating Leukemia. I had a pressure bruise on my thigh from the surgery and the nurse told me to just move it, not to massage or rub.  It has resolved itself already, but I imagine an elbow would taken longer.  hope you are getting some lovely fall weather.
L AN 16 x8 x8 mm
Retrosigmoid at Mayo Clinic Drs. Link and Driscoll on 9/25/06
Very good result