Author Topic: Surgery next week  (Read 11991 times)

oak1971

Re: Surgery next week
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 11:38:38 pm »
Glad to hear things are going well. I'm going on week 5 waiting for a surgery date.
Diagnosed left side AN 5/27/15

Ugne3030

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 06:50:12 pm »
So I am at the six month mark. Been building sheds, painting, coaching, do things like I did in past years. My wife says my energy is up the last few weeks. Been up on the ladder a number of times and lol, only fell once from about 5 feet landing on my ass. Balance is better. I just completed my third run this week, only a mile each time, still biking 25 kms, but it is a start since i havent run for two years now. I feel I am moving forward well. As a teacher, I start back in Sept, and I am contemplating fuLl time. Good thing I retired from policing, lol. Not sure, but thought I might give it a go returning to work full time.  I had a MRI last week, but doc is on holidays till sept.

I have not stressed about it but feel blessed so far. Of the two remnants left from surgery. One died, the one pressing against my. Brain. The other apparently lives is on my facial nerve, there is a blood suply apparently. . So now I am going to have to decide if i blast it with radiation and if so what type of procedure. Or wait, my initial thought at least give it a year to let my body heal fully. I see the audiologist sept 2 to talk about a biocross. I think I may opt for skull based hearing cross unit in a year or two.

Can anyone give me their experiences where they had surgery and then had to have radiation please. It is good to hear others experiences. Thanks and god bless.

Jet747

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 03:53:13 pm »
I had my RS surgeries May 19th and May 21st.

I am scheduled to have Gamma Knife Radiation in October.

I will definitely let you know the outcome.

I'm a bit concerned as my RS surgery went extremely well with relatively minor post-op issues, no paralysis and full hearing.  I really hate the thought of something bad happening after gamma knife but the problem is the bugger they left behind is still a decent size and could potentially grow back.  I'm 38 and I really don't want to have that surgery experience again!!!

It's definitely an interesting journey...good luck on yours!
RS Surgery May 2015

GK Radiation October 2015

https://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=21969.0

Ugne3030

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 05:18:19 pm »
So here I am just over a year from Surgery.  Hitting the gym like crazy, back to full time work since Sept, but tired all the time. The neurosurgeon left two small slivers of tumor after the surgery. One died and went away the other sliver was 5mm x 8 mm had a growth spurt to 12 mm x 17 mm. I was told this was small and to w and w. Six months later the tumor is 12x18mm with no growth? Wondering what to do. Next MRI is in August. It is funny, I had ear pain in my SSD ear during the growth and I thought it was weather or something else? Thoughts