Author Topic: Excellent essay in The Guardian by an AN sufferer  (Read 9513 times)

alabamajane

Re: Excellent essay in The Guardian by an AN sufferer
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 04:19:51 pm »
Trent,
Thanks for posting the article,,it was a very good article about the feelings most of us surgery patients endured in the weeks and days before surgery. It brought back many memories both good and bad..

I am a little over three years out and still recovering. I relate to so many of her feelings. I was W&W for three years before surgery as I did not really WANT to admit I was going to have to go through it in the long run... I now refer to those  three years as my denial stage. I had the routine 6 mo. MRIs watching for growth and trying my best to "put off" what turned out to be the inevitable surgery. I say it that way because it grew towards and compressed my brain stem during that time; therefore, I was no longer able to consider radiation and trans lab surgery was my only option.

It validates all of us surgery patient's feelings when we read of someone's journey which is similar to ours and that person had the same fearful, anxious, unknowing thoughts that we did on our journey.

Thanks again,

Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

smiley50

Re: Excellent essay in The Guardian by an AN sufferer
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 11:29:12 am »
As newbie I thought the article was a very good description of how it feels.  It was about her experience, of how she felt, about a tumor in her body.  It is scary, it does affect your life, and the only thing you have control over is how you feel, and what you can do to prepare for what is about to happen. To me that is what the article portrayed, nothing more nothing less. It was a good article.