Author Topic: just diagnosed......houston  (Read 2244 times)

melisswemig26

just diagnosed......houston
« on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:05 am »
I was just given the diagnosis last month but told by a neurologist that it wasn't a big deal and could be watched after a little more research I found that I might need to meet a neuro surgeon because the size if mine was medium and I should probably consider treatment options.   I found an awesome team at MD anderson but wanted to see if there was anyone else here from Houston and who they saw.  And how they felt about their doctor (s) and treatment options.

v357139

Re: just diagnosed......houston
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:02:46 pm »
It always pays to get several opinions.  How big is your tumor, and are you  having any symptoms?  Are you familiar with the three options: 1) wait and watch (you mentioned), 2) surgery, 3) various types of radiation (gamma knife, cyber knife, etc).  You should educate yourself and get a few opinions.

If you are looking for more doctors, I have heard good things of doctor Roland at UT Southwestern if you are willing to go to Dallas.  You can also use the Search feature on this site and key on Houston to see if there are previous posts about Houston.  There is also a location on the ANA site that lists doctors in most major cities, probably has Houston.  Best of luck and keep us posted.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!