Author Topic: Recommendations for an Ohio surgeon  (Read 2930 times)

mrhatt

Recommendations for an Ohio surgeon
« on: June 11, 2015, 04:27:16 am »
Does anyone have recent experience with any Ohio surgeons?  I as diagnosed with a small AN two months ago and am looking at my options.  I was originally referred to Dr. Dodson at Ohio State but would like to get a second opinion or two.  I see that that Mayfield Clinic in Cincinnati and both University Hospitals and Cleavland Clinic in Cleveland seem to have good recommendations but I am not seeing a lot of Dr specific info.  I called Mayfield but was told I would have to pick a Dr before I could get in for a second opinion.  That makes some sense but there was no additional info to help guide picking a Doctor.  I see at references to Dr Tew at Mayfield but he is no longer there.  When I look at the ANA page for doctors by state, none of the current Mayfield Doctors are on the list.

I would like to hear your experiences good or bad and your thoughts on who to reach out to for a second or third opinion.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Recommendations for an Ohio surgeon
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 05:56:37 am »
Hi mrhatt and welcome to this forum .....

Although I did not have personal experience with an Ohio doctor, I am certain some currently active on the forum have had and hopefully will reply soon.

There are several highly experienced AN doctors around the US (for surgery and/or radiation treatment) who will do free evaluations if you send them a copy of your MRI CD and an audiogram report (if you have one).  Let us know if you would like more information about that.

Thoughts and prayers as you walk this decision-making process.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

mrhatt

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:43:30 am »
Clarice,

I have sent a package to HEI but was unaware of others that offer consultations via the mail (sending a disk).  Can you point me to any of the other doctors that offer this service?

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 01:42:24 pm »
Hi mrhatt .....

Here are a couple others besides HEI:

Dr. Rick Friedman, http://www.keckmedicine.org/rick-a-friedman-md-phd/
Dr. Steven Chang, https://med.stanford.edu/profiles/steven-chang

There are outstanding doctors at Mass General, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and NYC but I am not certain if they do evaluations via MRIs only.  You would have to contact those to see.

I am admittedly biased because he was my doctor, but I know Dr. Friedman will call you immediately upon receipt of your MRI and discuss it with you over the phone.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011