Author Topic: Looking for the best dr in Seattle  (Read 3198 times)

Steve2014

Looking for the best dr in Seattle
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:00:29 pm »
Hi everyone, I was diagnosed in May 2014 with an AR size 1.5cm just had 2nd MRI in Nov and it has grown 1 mm each direction. I have initially seen Dr Seth Schwartz at Virginia Mason. I liked him although I don't know much of his track record yet. He works with a neurosurgeon there (Dr Farroki I believe). Have a 2nd appointment with both next week as he is recommending surgery in the near future. Would like to get a 2nd opinion and find someone who has lots of experience in the Seattle area. Am also planning on talking to someone regarding the radiology option. Any thoughts?
Diagnosed May 2014 at age 56, 1.5cm right side, definite growth shown at 6 month and 1 year MRI May 2015. Surgery on Aug 4, 2015 at USC with Dr's Friedman and Giannatta, retained hearing!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Looking for the best dr in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:34 am »
Look up Sandra Vermullen. I believe she is at the Swedish cyberknife center still. Great lady.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

ANGuy

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 02:47:39 pm »
MRI's are not precise enough to determine a mm of growth.  Consider this when you are sitting across from someone who is telling you they are, and weigh that along with the other things they are telling you. 

The proper way to check for growth is over a series of MRI's over a few years and then to compare the most recent to the first.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

Trent in WA

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 02:57:22 pm »
The lead neurosurgeon on my team was Dr. Delashaw at Swedish Neurosciences. My neurotologist was Dr. Hoistad at the Minor & James Clinic. I quite liked them both.