Author Topic: employment discrimination for those with AN  (Read 4560 times)

been there done that

employment discrimination for those with AN
« on: November 29, 2014, 09:43:35 pm »
Employment discrimination for those with AN
 I was 6 years with my last employer.been out of work for 6 months.. I'm now worried that people won't hire me because of my facial issues.I don't tell prospective employers unless they ask ..Hell I don't even tell doctors unless they ask. Should I be upfront about it??? its been 8 years since my surgery. And is it discrimination is they don't hire me because my face is not perfectly symmetrical??

ANGuy

Re: employment discrimination for those with AN
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 07:22:37 am »
What kind of work are you in?  Where I work, no one would even notice.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: employment discrimination for those with AN
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 07:27:39 pm »
I used to sub at school my girls went to from K-8th grade. After surgery I can't because some days about 4 hours up is my limit. School board policy won't allow me to sub half days. Most sub days at this school are half where a teacher has an appointment or something they need to do.

When I applied at local Dollar General the women who interviewed me is someone I have known for years and knows my history. She said she could not hire me because I am a fall hazard. Now when I put in applications for part time jobs (and I don't disclose my medical history) it pops up that I am a fall hazard.

Discrimination. And also lets me know big brother is watching through my SS# and I have been flagged

Same woman that originally said that fell at work and was off two weeks with sprained back. Can't say I felt too bad for her and that makes me feel bad about myself. I don't want to become bitter and angry at world over what is my problem. But it surfaces at times
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery