Author Topic: facial paralysis and dentures  (Read 2906 times)

mojwri54

facial paralysis and dentures
« on: November 11, 2014, 09:09:28 am »
I had my operation 6 years ago as  13 Nov, and then cyberknife radiation 4 years ago. I have had facial paralysis since the operation on the right side. My eye does not blink (little now but very little), dry eyes, dry mouth which I use refresh for eyes and biotene products for mouth. My eyebrow on right side has dropped alot and my mouth is crowed especially when I smile it shows. I am 60 and retired so I live with all of this and accept it. I am glad I am living because it was so large and twisted around the nerves I have been told by the doctors I am lucky to be  here.

My question has anyone got dentures after (I feel in the next year or so I may need but not sure how this will work with the shape of my mouth or dryness).

mandy721

Re: facial paralysis and dentures
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 06:13:53 pm »
Hi,
I couldn't find any other posts about dentures after AN surgery.  Have you talked to your dentist about your concerns?  That would be my first thought to see what he/she thinks.  I hope you won't need them  :)
Miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

PamJ

Re: facial paralysis and dentures
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 09:32:51 am »
Hi I have a dry mouth, facial palsy on the right side, a platinum chain in my right eyelid that helps me blink, I had my tumour out translab three and a half years ago and have partial dentures and have no problem with them I'm a bit older than you.
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery