Author Topic: Goin to House!  (Read 3516 times)

amylynn

Goin to House!
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:21:34 pm »
I have a date!!  October 26.  Maybe I'll be seeing some of you there.  Thanks to all who have been my leaning post, It's been a long seven weeks, but better because of  all of the support, encouragement and priceless info.  Thanks for caring!!!!!!!!   I can't thank you all enough.

Amy
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

red

Re: Goin to House!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:51:06 pm »
Amy
 who are you seeing at House?  We are looking into it but want to know how you ended up there.  Can you give me some info, tell me your story?  I am supposed to send some MRI's tomorrow who should I send them to anyone specific?
Thanks
Red

amylynn

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:30:26 am »
I sent mine to House and Dr Rick Friedman called me back the day he got them. I did research on most experienced AN surgeon's for best track record for success with post op results, and asked several doctor friends that I know here in area.  They all said House was my best choice.  I also chose Dr Hitselberger as my neurosurgeon.  He is the most experienced at AN removals in the world and I was told by one of my doc's is the best in the world.  That doc was trained by him.  I read lots of patient story's on this website and googled different topics like "vestibular schwannoma surgical outcomes".   I called a patient who had gone there and have communicated with others having those same doc's. Dr Hitselberger is in a private practice of his own but is affiliated with House in a big way.  I specifically requested him but I know they have other great doc's there as you will read about on this forum.  My insurance was an HMO.  They denied my docs referrals and !st appeal.  I wrote a letter to my governor and filed a complaint with the State.  you have an appeals process and can file personal complaint with the insurance on your behalf and others can file separate ones for you. I saw the docs in my network to jump through their hoops.  I think my key was when I told the AN doc that I had my heart set on House and had lost my date for surgery.  He was such a great guy, he dictated my letter referring me to House then and there. I got word from my Dept of insurance case manager that I'd been approved late the next day.  I would be happy to talk to you more about this if you'd like to give me a call. I will send my   # on a personal message.
Follow your gut. 
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
MO

Laura

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 12:47:47 pm »
Thanks for sharing AmyLynn! I am going to try to go the same route if/when it comes time for me. I don't want to settle for my doctors here - I'd like to go where it's an every day experience.

Please continue to keep us posted on your up coming surgery.
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

amylynn

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 01:54:04 pm »
I will keep you posted, Laura, you hang in there.  Thanks for your support.
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
MO