Author Topic: Eye Care  (Read 4186 times)

heyyouconnie

Eye Care
« on: May 29, 2005, 04:14:18 pm »
I had surgery on Mar 1 this year. I have a droopy face now and a dry eye. They said it will come back but until then......

I know to use the eye drops, and I do, but I have terrible bags under my eyes now. Esp the dry eye. I look 20 years older!! Do any of you have this problem? If you do, are you using anything to get rid of them? I have looked at different oinments and just get so confused and they are all so expensive. Any suggestions on making the bags go away, or firming the skin around my eyes.

I sure do get enough sleep. I'm asleep by 10 and wake up at 7. I am pulling at my eyelid alot, trying to keep it closed if it gets to dry and I don't have the drops right then. It doesn't close on it's own and I DO have the gold weight inserted in my eye lid to help keep it closed. Doesn't work that well....

bluestar

Re: Eye Care
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 05:59:22 pm »
I have used a cream intended to be put in the eye (not a cosmetic cream) in the inside corner and on the outside of the bottom lid at night. This seems to help with the eye dryness during the night as well and the bags under the eyes are not so dry so not as bad.

But when you have been through thiis type of condition it DOES show on the face. Maybe we should take the attitude that we have earned every wrinkle and bag and be proud of them!

In my experience it does get better with time.

Hope this helps and all the best for your healing

Bluestar
bluestar

bluestar

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 01:24:06 am »
Sorry I meant eye ointment, not eye cream.

Bluestar
bluestar

kristin

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 07:29:12 pm »
hi! have you seen your eye doctor regarding your dry eye? after 4-5 weeks of dry eye i finally gave in and went and saw mine and he put plugs in my tear ducts and life has been 150% better since! i almost have too many tears now!  :)
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

welchy

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 05:37:34 am »
I have the same problem.  I went to two different opthamologists.  One told me to sleep on two pillows.  The other told me I can have my eyes lifted by a plastic surgery.  When I rejected that, she said to try cucumber slices or tea bags.  This was a doctor at one of the most respected medical facilities in the world, and that was the best she could give me.  By the way, none of it helps.

rebecca

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 03:12:35 pm »
I use Systane which works well during the day in combination with refresh.  At night I use a different ointment.

As for the bags, I've heard models use preparation H to help with puffy eyes, though don't know if doctors would approve.