Author Topic: "popping" sound/sensation on temple by surgery?  (Read 3480 times)

anothereveryman

"popping" sound/sensation on temple by surgery?
« on: October 09, 2014, 07:51:36 pm »
It only happened once and on accident (so far) but I rubbed at my temple on my surgery side idly just now and the strangest dry-paper like crunch-pop sound was audiably heard on my hearing side (I have no hearing mechanisms whatsoever on my surgery side). The skin seemed to crinkle down ever so slightly when I did so as well.

I'm in no pain, and no cerebral spinal fluid seems to be leaking... but what happened? Should I seek medical attention? It's kind of scary when your skull goes crunch-pop like a potato chip bag!

volleymom

• had pressure on my Pons
Re: "popping" sound/sensation on temple by surgery?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 02:34:50 am »
I had alot of popping noises in my head after surgery. I hear mystery beeps too. A few months after surgery, when I went lap swimming for the first time, there was a constant popping noise in my head. I think it was just that I still had swelling in my head and the pressure changes with holding my breath made noises to me. It was very distracting at the time and I am glad that it is gone now.
I also think that my good ear can hear things conducted through my head, if I scratch my head on the bad side, I hear it.
9mm X 16mm diagonsed in August 2009.  Retrosigmoid Nov, 2009 at OHSU in Portland, OR.
post-op had some facial nerve weakness, nearly resolved. Mild tinnitus. Left sided deafness.