Author Topic: Following for 13-1/2 years - latest MRI  (Read 3152 times)

Sheryl

Following for 13-1/2 years - latest MRI
« on: May 05, 2015, 12:14:33 am »
Hi Gang - Had my MRI a bit early this year as hubby and I wanted to do ours together.  I am happy to say that I still show stability over the past few years with recommendation to have another MRI in a year.  Luckily, still no symptoms that I can discern.  There is some question as to acoustic neuroma vs. tumor on the 9th cranial nerve.  I have developed bilateral hearing loss - but that's probably age and family related!!!

Unfortunately hubby who has been battling meningiomas for 11 years with two surgeries and two separate sessions of radiation now seems to have two lesions in another part of his brain, they think not related to the past tumor problems. Neuroradiologist says differential diagnosis would be stroke, or new tumors, possibly metastatic.  We are not happy campers and will be going to see the "big guns" in Boston in three days for further information.  Since they are not sure what is going on, another MRI in the near future may be recommended since these lesions were not seen on MRI in August of 2014 (8 months). 

Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Following for 13-1/2 years - latest MRI
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:23:53 am »
Hi Sheryl .....

It sounds like you had mixed results from your MRI .....  So glad the AN seems stable and it is good to keep watch on the other possibility.

So sorry about your husband's new findings.  Many thoughts and prayers for both of you!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

MG

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:46:58 am »
Sheryl,

I wish you and your husband my thoughts and prayers.

MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

Sheryl

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 06:41:46 pm »
Forgot to follow-up on Larry after going to Dana Farber about a month ago.  The neuro-radiologist felt that in his opinion the new finding on MRI could most likely be due to radiation scatter even though last session was in 2012.  He said he didn't want to use the term "stroke" but basically that's what it could be even though no symptoms.  Also, with this affecting the very small blood vessels and the small size of the area that he would not see or feel any symptoms.  If what the doc thinks is true then this area should dissipate in six weeks or so and disappear.  Hopefully he is right and next MRI on June 16th will bring good news. 

Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W