Author Topic: Getting Cold Feet  (Read 3316 times)

evestew1

Getting Cold Feet
« on: January 23, 2015, 01:49:42 am »
I was diagnosed with 3 cm AN in Aug 2014 and am scheduled for surgery (trans lab) with Dr Chang and Dr Blevins at Stanford on Feb 2. As the date nears, I'm getting nervous! has anyone had surgery with this team?  I see that a lot of folks here have chosen Dr. Chang for CK but not so many posts about surgery.  I am most worried about facial paralysis.  I'm 41, with very active life (job, kids, spouse etc).  Any thoughts or advice are appreciated! 
Eve
Translab surgery 2/2/15 to remove 3 cm AN;  SSD and facial paralysis

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Getting Cold Feet
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 06:51:06 am »
Hi Eve and welcome to this forum .....

It sounds like you are in good hands with Dr. Chang and Dr. Blevins at Stanford.  I did not have surgery with them so I cannot speak to your question on surgery with this team.  I just know they have an excellent reputation and I feel like you have chosen wisely.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

MMusella

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 09:23:25 am »
I am 1 .5 weeks post op.. I had surgery the 13th of January and don't regret it.I am a mom of 4 a career women..so time is of the essence..I am doing great..snd don't have any regrets..if you want to contact me feel free..
Michelle
40 years old, was diagnosed with a 3.5cm.(right side)AN in Nov, 2014 and having surgery on January 13th 2015, live in upstate NY..had a 13 hour surgery. .100%tumor removal. I did 8 weeks of vestibular rehabilitation and went back to my life and career,  with no side effects :)... life is great!!!

feline

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 02:58:02 pm »
I also had surgery with dr Blevins and Chang just 6 months ago at age 44 they r a great set of doctors and  all the nurses were great yes be nervous but don't cancel still to this day I have left sided facial paralysis  with no blink and deaf in left ear but at least I a alive with no more headaches my AN was 3cm and in surgery for nine hours
Walnut size AN removed on June 30 2014 at Stanford with Dr Chang and Dr Blevins facial paralysis, no blink ,no hearing but otherwise feel good otherwise

evestew1

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 07:55:10 pm »
Thank you both for your input!
Translab surgery 2/2/15 to remove 3 cm AN;  SSD and facial paralysis