Author Topic: Can eye "throbbing" be related to my intracochlear schwannoma?  (Read 2771 times)

anothereveryman

I was wondering if anyone else who has had one of these tumors or some similar to it, pre-surgery, experienced throbbing sensations that feel like they're IN the eye socket, or the lid. On my deaf/tumored side I'm getting these quivering sensations. They are not painful but they are scary because I'd rather not lose an eye as well as an ear (I'm fully deaf on the side with the tumor).

I read this could be stress/allergy related but I've never experienced this kind of thing before now. Is there any possible connection? I'm going to House Clinic tomorrow for an evaluation but I'd still like input.

Fran6774

Re: Can eye "throbbing" be related to my intracochlear schwannoma?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:07:10 pm »
There definitely could be a connection.  I've had those symptoms for a half year prior to my diagnosis.  I had throbbing pain behind my right eye which my drs first diagnosed as typical migraine headaches since I had no other symptoms besides that.

anothereveryman

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 10:47:42 pm »
I brought up my concerns with Dr. Slattery at my appointment today and he said he did not believe it was related to my tumor, but was going to remove the tumor due to other issues I was having. Best of luck to both of us!

Fran6774

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 06:11:25 am »
I guess it must be quite rare.  I forgot to mention that my eye pain disappeared right after my surgery so you can still hope that this will be the case with you as well. 

Good luck with your surgery.  I hope all goes well!