Author Topic: Forum Moderator Update  (Read 12505 times)

Director

• Administrator
Forum Moderator Update
« on: July 07, 2014, 10:31:12 am »
We sadly have accepted Jim Scott’s resignation from the forum moderator position.  He has served in this position for 6 years and has been a true asset to our forum, but we totally understand that it’s time for him personally to move on.  His posts have added so much to the forum, having been so insightful, educational and supportive.  We will miss him.

Clarice Dalton, username:  CHD63, has accepted the moderator position.  We are very pleased to welcome her to this position.  Clarice has been posting on the forum for the past several years with support and education, and we know she will be a great addition to our forum moderators.

Thanks to all of you for posting on the forum and supporting your fellow AN patients.

Judy Vitucci, CEO
Acoustic Neuroma Association

v357139

Re: Forum Moderator Update
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »
A warm welcome to Clarice!!!  You helped me in my journey, and I know you will help others.  Looking forward to seeing your wise counsel and great knowledge.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Forum Moderator Update
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:24 am »
Thanks so much!  I can in no way fill Jim Scott's big shoes, but I am looking forward to continuing to share with and hopefully bring comfort to other fellow AN patients.

As I told Judy Vitucci, I was thrown for a loop when I was first diagnosed.  When I turned to multiple sources for information and assurance, it seemed like the negatives and/or poor results scared me even more.

Now that I have walked through many dark valleys and emerged back on top, I hope I can bring comfort to others.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011