Author Topic: Upcoming surgery!  (Read 2447 times)

Callaise

Upcoming surgery!
« on: May 26, 2014, 10:03:42 am »
Greetings!

I've been lurking the forums for some time, but with surgery only two weeks out (June 12th), I figured I'd hop on and introduce myself.  I'm 29, and was originally diagnosed back in October 2013 after tinnitus started in my left ear.  Given the size (2.6cm), and lack of other symptoms (100% word recognition, no facial weakness, and no balance issues), I opted to wait until now to act so that I could finish my degree program.

The information on this site and posts from others have been immensely helpful in keeping a positive attitude. While I'm not looking forward to the post-surgery issues, I have full confidence in the surgical team that will be performing the operation at Tampa General, and will be aiming to get back on the tennis courts as soon as possible!

- Steve Johnson
Early 2013: Tinnitus in left ear.
10-16-13: Diagnosed with 2.6cm AN by Dr. John Morrow.
Surgery scheduled for June 12th, 2014 at Tampa General.

clarencewolverton

• 4 mm X 9 mm AN
Re: Upcoming surgery!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:24:02 am »
Glad you made a decision. Keep us posted.

kmr1969

Re: Upcoming surgery!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 01:46:04 pm »
Steve,

Good luck on the upcoming surgery.

Being younger and in good shape (I am assuming from your tennis comment) you should expect to have a good recovery.

Of course, as you have no doubt read on the forum, everyone's recovery is different in challenges, difficulties, and pace.

I don't advocate in any way being a negative person, absolutley go into the surgery with optimism, but don't expect everything to be easy or to go perfectly.

I think that way you will be better prepared for whatever curveball (sorry, don't know what the equivalent of a curveball is in tennis, maybe lob shot?) may come your way.

Stay busy over the next two weeks and really get your home situation prepared so that you can rest and recuperate without any stress or hassles when you get home after surgery.

Ken
2.7 cm AN diagnosed June 2012
Translab completed November 2012 at House Clinic
SSD; numbness on face and in mouth, plus poor taste buds, but happy with how I am doing so far