Author Topic: tears  (Read 2823 times)

wife4life

• well, it could have been worse!
tears
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »
Sorry to keep asking this- but- it just won't leave my mind.
I have had constant water-filled eyes (tears) for the last week- everyday.  I also have this "pressure" feeling in my cheekbone under my eye.
Is this a good thing?????  it has been 8 years ( this July) since I had my tumor removed.
My eye was totally dry for 6 years and then on and off wetness/tears maybe a few times a year- now daily for a week now.
I have anxiety and of course I am thinking it must be the tumor returning and this is a bad thing.
My husband things its a good sign- anyone????
please help ease my mind :)
3cm leftsided an
surgery scheduled 6-29-06
charlotte nc
**complete resection of tumor, total left side facial paralysis,total hearing loss**

brandi42

Re: tears
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:47:39 pm »
Hello! I am 12 years post-op and I have had dry eye as well for years. In the early years I survived using a lot of eye gel but a few years ago my ophthalmologist inserted silicone plugs into my tear ducts of the dry eye. This has improved the health of my cornea and saved me from buying eye gel. I would say that if your eye is producing more tears again that is a good sign of healing! You could always call your doctor and ask what his/her opinion is, as well.
God Bless You!
Brandi
4cm Right AN Craniotomy April 2002, right side deafness, 4cm AN regrowth 2nd Craniotomy Sept 2002, Gamma knife Nov 2002, 11mm tumor remnant remains currently.
Barrow Neurological Institute. Dr. Spetzler

jazzfunkanne

Re: tears
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 09:15:31 am »
Hi am also nearly 8 years post op and my eye is starting too look wet all the time and feel drier, i have a apt with the eye doc, am going to ask about the plugs, i think some tears are coming out the corner or the lid is getting weaker, let us know how you get on x
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06