Author Topic: More Phonak Cros Questions  (Read 2150 times)

TimSR

More Phonak Cros Questions
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:15:17 pm »
Hello, I am SSD (left side) from an Acoustic Neuroma removal one year ago (April 2013). My right side hearing is 100 percent. I am looking into getting the Phonak Cros, but even after reading many posts, I am still confused as to exactly what level of the Cros that I should get. I don't really care what the cost is if the features will help, but I do not want to waste money on features that are going to be useless for my particular condition. I feel like the audiologists I've talked to so far have a better understanding of overall hearing loss, and less understanding of the problems associated with one good ear, and one zero ear!
One question I have has to do with tinnitus. I have moderate tinnitus that feels like it comes from the left side. Would any tinnitus blocking software do any good if the tinnitus seems to come from the left, yet the actual Cros "Hearing Aid" component is on the right ear?
Also, each level of the receiver/hearing aid has a few more software options. How many of these options are useless for a person with 0 percent/100 percent hearing?
I just do not want to find out that I paid extra for a lot of features that will not do any good. Thank you for any insight. Tim

thursday49

Re: More Phonak Cros Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »
I have had my Phonak Cros for about a year. Sometimes in a noisy restaurant, I don't think I'm hearing amplified at all. Many times, after I've worn the cros for maybe 5 minutes, it will suddenly get louder and clearer in my hearing ear. Within a minute or two it returns to the original volume. It feels like there's a short in the circuits or something. Any one else experience this?susan