Author Topic: 1st MRI Results post GK treatment  (Read 2761 times)

Islandgirl

1st MRI Results post GK treatment
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:53:45 pm »
Well reasonable news today folks.

I had GK on 8 January 2013 and last Friday 31 January so nearly thirteen months later was my first post GK MRI with Gadolinium.  Amazingly for the UK I heard today from my consultant neurologist who told me there is about 2mm swelling in the most important dimension of the AN which was 10mm now 12mm.  I don't really know which dimension he was referring to but I presume it may be the bit which is nearest the brainstem.  I didn't ask the other dimensions in all honesty. He said nothing abnormal, swelling to be expected at this stage and no reason to worry.  He has scheduled me for the next MRI in a year's time. It's the sort of news I was expecting really so I'm shall we say fairly relaxed about it and not too concerned at the moment.  I have ordered a CD copy so hope to get to look at it myself when it comes.

For me the tinnitus is the worst part of this but as discussed with the consultant there is not a lot can be done.  I am lucky so far in that I do not have any serious balance issues and so far no facial nerve involvement either.  Long may that last. Roll on next year I guess and hope for some shrinkage. 

Thanks for all the good advice on this forum.

Ruthie Mac

Re: 1st MRI Results post GK treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »
Sounds like your AN is still really small, and you're doing really well. That's great!...celebrate for another year...thanks for sharing your story - helps us all keep the faith.
Ruth
4/1/2013  1 cm x 1.6 cm left ear
11/1/2013 SRS Varian Trilogy UMass Medical (4 sessions)
hearing is still good, slight tinnitus, working on balance issues

Nuttyneddy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:14:22 am »
Glad you got the results quickly and that they weren't worrying ones.

Thank you for your help and support  :)

Echo

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 08:20:24 am »
Glad to hear you made it through your first year in good shape.  :)
Any changes or bumps in the road please let us know.  I'm coming up behind you at 5 months next week, so I find the updates helpful.

Best wishes for a peaceful and uneventful year 2!!!
Cathie.

Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital