Author Topic: Does anybody remember 2 years ago we had a record snowfall? This is nothing!  (Read 5255 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Cheer up,

I live in NYC. Staten Island to be specific. Mayor Bloomberg was out of town at the time and NYC was paralyzed most of the rest of the East Coast was reeling too! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We weren't prepared then but we seem to be now. Good job so far Mayor DeBlasio nice show! Did you catch the shots of his son Dante shoveling snow this morning at least 30 photographers did!

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Mayor Bloomberg was out of town at the time

He and his gun control cronies were out hatching plots to destroy the Second Amendment.

::)
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Mike ~

I read that Staten Island only received a few inches of snow but even that much can be a hassle.  I think newly sworn-in NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio (who is from Brooklyn) is cognizant of how a failure to keep outer borough streets clear following a snow storm has brought lots of criticism and sometimes a badly wounded political career to other N.Y. mayors, so he is on top of the situation.  I read that the new mayor has even received high marks from his critics for keeping the streets passable.  It's an auspicious start. 

The weather service is predicting below zero temperatures for Connecticut and almost as cold for your neck of the woods, along with wind chill factors that will make it seem even colder.  Bundle up and stay warm!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Dear Jim,

Happy New Year by the way.......former Mayor Bloomberg always had a way of maintaining his distance.....From his bad Spanish to his off putting comments in Hurricanes Irene and Sandy and the way he almost bungled the post Hurricane NYC Marathon...which as you recall didn't go off. Mayor DeBlasio is an imposing opposite (not only because of the height difference)  because of where he is from as you pointed out Brooklyn. Thank you for your good wishes.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
This weekend the Chicago area got between 12 and 16 inches of snow (depending on where you live).  Our problem now - starting yesterday p.m. - is brutal cold.  Wind chill got as cold as 52 below - today's low temp was 18 below and high temp was about 11 below.  They are predicting more of the same til about noon tomorrow.  Lucky us  ;D

Stay warm,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

clere

I have to chime in here re the weather....Grand Marais, MN had -63 with the wind chill yesterday.
Maybe CA isn't such a bad idea!   :D. It's been brutal!

Echo

From Toronto, Canada, you know it's cold when the salt won't melt the ice!!  I put salt down yesterday morning on the sidewalk and driveway and NOTHING melted!!  We're still dealing with the after effects of the recent ice storm and now we have the extreme cold.  So many trees down and branches hanging precariously, it's a real mess around here.  Can't wait for spring!!

Cathie. 
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital