Author Topic: Occulomotor Issues pre/post Gamma Knife  (Read 1899 times)

Echo

Occulomotor Issues pre/post Gamma Knife
« on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:25 pm »
This is one of those questions that could fall under eye issues or balance issues but I'm asking the question here because I'm specifically interested in hearing from anyone who has had Gamma Knife and has also had problems with their occulomotor coordination - eye control/movement with head/body movement. 

Pre Gamma, I had some minor issues with things "visually jumping" and I would say my balance issues at the time were not entirely vision related.  I started taking vestibular rehab in July and am still working at it with some very slow improvement.  My occulomotor issues seem to be getting worse lately and are now definitely having an effect on my balance.  I'm not sure if the change is due to winter (more darkness to deal with), snow storms and barometric changes, or if things are starting to change slightly now that I'm 3.5 months post Gamma.  The changes are sure making it harder to do my vestibular exercises!

I tend to think of eye issues as being more connected to those who have had surgery - am I right or wrong?  I've also had dry eye issues to deal with that started 5 months prior to my treatment, but the good news is I saw my Neuro-opthalmologist last week and she said everything looks good! I'm doing a great job keeping the eye lubricated.

So, is there anyone out there who had similar issues to me, prior to or after their Gamma Knife? How are you doing now?  I'm just having a frustrating day today and am looking for some kindred spirits to brighten my day with encouraging news! 

Thanks,
Cathie.

Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital