Author Topic: one year post SRS advice pse  (Read 2430 times)

Alison

one year post SRS advice pse
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:35:45 am »
Hi, I'm almost one year since SRS Linac ( last Dec).  I'd like to ask for other peoples experience at this stage. I'm still awaiting my MRI apt in Jan. My post SRS symptoms got worse at around 3, then 6 then 8 and now 12 months.

I had an MRI at 4 months ( via GP) but the report said "minimal growth" but no measurements. The CD copy had no comparable image to the previous MRI I could interpret. The worsening symptoms have mainly been imbalance, tinnitus, gradual increase in hearing loss. But this week, I'm really stumbling about.

Also the facial twitching I hadn't had for a long while has come back. This is a visible pulsating of the AN side cheek to corner of lip. Head feels like its filled with cotton wool on the AN side, which I did have had a lot of before treatment. I understand swelling can continue for up to 18/24 months but having had no respite from symptoms in 12 months, I'd be interested to hear other peoples experience post SRS. Did you have a bad first year then improve? Or Did it end up in surgery?

Many thanks, Alison x
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)

Nannybee

Re: one year post SRS advice pse
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 09:20:17 pm »
Hi Alison, my Linac SRS treatment was in April of this year and I started to have increased tinnitus, marked worsening of balance and decrease in hearing on the AN side. Just in the past month I noticed a decrease in the dizziness. My 6 month MRI showed some darkening if the tumor and minimal decrease in size.

Hang in there. Mine was a single session Linac treatment with 12Gy. It seems we all respond a but differently in the post-radiation months.

Hang in there, and hope your MRI in Jan looks good. I swear I started feeling better as soon as I had my 6 month MRI and saw that it had not grown. Just wondering about what's going on inside my head was causing me more anxiety than I realized!
AN 18x19 mm
3 meningiomas
NF2
AN treated with SRS April 2013
MRI Feb 2016 AN shrunk to 17 x 8 mm :)
Constant tinnitus in AN ear
Severe hearing loss AN ear

Alison

Re: one year post SRS advice pse
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:41:28 am »
Hi Nannybee,

thanks for your reply. I had single session 12gy too, but in the UK. I'm glad youre feeling better than before. As my last MRI showed growth, but unfortunately no measurements I'm a bit concerned what the next one will show. Although I know the 2 year one is the significant MRI as swelling can continue for 18/24 months.

Fingers firmly crossed for all us post toasties!

Alison x
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)