Author Topic: Ear Fullness Symptoms - Trouble  (Read 9543 times)

Rusty123

Ear Fullness Symptoms - Trouble
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:02:10 am »
Hello again, everyone.  I've been in Watch & Wait since September, 2013.  No major problems, except the symptoms are bothersome.  My major symptoms were minimal hearing loss (which I can deal with) and a feeling of fullness in the ear.  It feels exactly like when you have a cold and your Eustachian tubes are blocked.  Those symptoms vary - just like they do when you have a cold.  Some days the sounds are just muffled.  Other days it feels like there is fluid in your ear.  Sometimes there will be a pop and things will suddenly change.  Some times it feels like everything is echoing inside your head.

I was wondering if anyone else has similar symptoms and how you cope with them? 

These are bothersome, but I would still rather deal with these symptoms than have surgery or radiation.  I can deal emotionally and psychologically with having a tumor in my head, no problem (well, not much of one anyway).  (I go for a second MRI in a few months.)

Thanks for listening.  I would appreciate hearing from someone who may have similar symptoms.

MG

Re: Ear Fullness Symptoms - Trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 09:25:15 am »
Hi Rusty,
I have been on W&W since August of 2013. I have all of those same symptoms. My AN is on my left side and it is .09 cm, which is very small but even the small ones make you feel lousy sometimes!  :-[  I feel the same as you. I would rather put up with these symptoms rather then face surgery or radiation. Do you ever get pain in the area of your face near your AN ear? I do. You may experience that someday too so don't panic. My doctor said to call him if I have any facial drooping, such as your eye or mouth. Hopefully not but time will tell.
I wish you good luck on W&W and take good care!  :)

MG
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:42:40 pm by Jim Scott »
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

Rusty123

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 05:50:46 am »
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences.  I'm not happy you have the an, but it is comforting to hear from someone in a similar situation.  No, I don't have pain, thankfully.  The only symptoms are the hearing loss and the feeling of fullness in the ear.  Mine is left side, 4mm, very small, too.  Sounds like you and I are on a similar timetable.  I get my second MRI sometime this year.  Prayerfully and hopefully, the tumor will not have grown, and I will have bought some more time.  Thanks again!!  Keep in touch.  Feel free to ask me any thing or if I can be a help to you, let me know.

Later,

Russ

MG

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:34:03 am »
Your welcome! I know all of us are in the same boat but with different symptoms. Sometimes when I feel the fullness acting up when it's about to rain or a cold front moves in,  I get so worried that it is growing and that is why I feel pain with it. I know I am being paranoid about it and try to calm myself down because stress is not good. I have found that it is very important to try to be stress free. It is hard to forget about the darn thing though! I find it very hard to tell my loved ones how it feels. It's easy for them to say "try not to think about it"! LOL! Yeah, right!  ::)
Hang in there and keep in touch!

MG  :)
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »
I have put this out a couple of times.  For me this product really takes care of the fullness in my head.  I take Lipo-Flavonoid which is a supplement.  You take one pill three times a day. Cost about $20 per bottle and it last for one month.  You have to take it for 2-3 months to find out if it will help you.

As I said it totally has taken away that feeling.  So I tested it myself and stopped taking the supplement, and the fullness came back.  So for me it works.  As I said you have to take it for awhile to see if it will do the same for you.

Good Luck
TJ

Tumbleweed

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:04:25 pm »
Russ, your symptoms are very common for people with an AN. I had the fullness sensation on and off for years before I was eventually diagnosed and treated.

With such a small tumor as yours, W&W is a very reasonable strategy. Should your hearing start to deteriorate, however, you should strongly consider getting treatment. Once hearing is gone for more than 48 hours, it very rarely (and if then, usually only partially) comes back.

My two cents...

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

thedales7

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 06:16:54 am »
I have all the same symptoms.  TJ...I am going to look for the Lipo-Flavanoid!!!  I have the severe echoing in my head, the same as you...I have started wearing an earplug in my AN ear 24/7....It really helps!! It intensifies the ringing a little but the echoing was so bad It was giving me major migraines.  Have you tried an earplug yet? 
3mm? (I was in such shock i can't remember! )intracochlear AN/ intralabyrintnine schwannoma right ear
60% low and mid frequency hearing loss
Watch and wait