Author Topic: Sclerals in winter  (Read 3063 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Sclerals in winter
« on: November 15, 2013, 11:29:22 am »
Now that the weather is colder and the furnace is on, my eye seems to need a lot more TLC. During the summer I could wait for up to 3 hours before inserting my scleral. Now I have to put it in right when I get up. I also need to refill the cup with saline more often, sometimes 2-3 times per day.

Maybe I should have expected this, but it caught me by surprise. Anyone else noticing a difference in comfort with the changing season?
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jill Marie

Re: Sclerals in winter
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:14 pm »
Hi Sara,

Haven't noticed a change in lens use with the change of weather.  However, unlike you I put my lens in first thing in the morning and still use some ointment during the day.  Haven't gotten the courage yet to try the lens without the ointment, just when I was going to give it a try I got the corneal ulcer, then when things settled down again I broke my lens.  I think I just want to enjoy some time without issues before I try using the lens without the ointment.  If and when I do I will let you know and will then see if I notice a difference with the changing weather.  Jill

Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.