Author Topic: Phonak CROS II Accessories - donate to anyone  (Read 1406 times)

Smithair

Phonak CROS II Accessories - donate to anyone
« on: January 24, 2023, 11:53:31 am »
I previously used the Phonak CROS II aids. I did a trade in for Signias this time.  I have several accessories they didn't want with the trade in that I would love to give to anyone who uses the Phonak CROS and would like them.   
Phonak Remote Mic
Phonak ComPilot II
Phonak ComPilot Air II
Phonak TV Link II

Please let me know if you are interested...  all free.

Becky
3 cm AN. Translab Feb 2011 House Clinic. Brackman. SSD. Ongoing balance issues  Soundbite Feb 2012 Private pilot returned to flying Jan 2012

donjehle

Re: Phonak CROS II Accessories - donate to anyone
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 07:27:13 pm »
Hi Becky,

I use an Oticon system so the Phonak accessories wouldn't do me any good.  However, I was curious how you compare the Signia CROS system to the Phonak one.  I was originally going to buy a Signia CROS device until my audiologist recommended the Oticon for my specific needs (she sells Signia as well).  I would love to hear how you like your Signia and how it compared to your Phonak.

Thanks,
Don
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.

Smithair

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 08:28:00 pm »
Hi Don,

I like my Signias alot better than the Phonak but I think due to upgraded technology.  I am really sensitive to noise and sometimes just have to take them out and pop in an ear plug to allow my senses to calm.  Background noise is always a problem, but the Signias do help. 

How do you like Oticon?  Always on the lookout for something better - :)

Becky
3 cm AN. Translab Feb 2011 House Clinic. Brackman. SSD. Ongoing balance issues  Soundbite Feb 2012 Private pilot returned to flying Jan 2012

donjehle

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 02:56:57 pm »
Thank you, Becky, for your quick reply.

I did a lot of reading on the CROS systems, and I wanted one of the Signias, and I chose my audiologist based on the fact that she carried Signias (and many of the other audiologists in my area did not).  However, my audiologist uses a Phonak CROS system herself (since she also has SSD), and most all of the advertising in her office was on the Phonak hearing aids.  So, I was afraid that she was going to push the Phonak on me, but she did not.  She listened to my concerns, and one of them was I was concerned about the Electromagnetic Frequencies traveling through my brain and making my acoustic neuroma worse.  Of course, she told me that the EMFs from the hearing devices would not make my AN any worse.  But rather than to say that I was crazy for thinking that, she said, "If that is a big concern for you, then I would recommend the Oticon because it has less EMFs."  And she told me a story of how the Pentagon only allows Oticon hearing devices in certain areas because the radio frequencies of the others were too high for certain sensitive areas.  She showed me some materials on how the Oticon CROS system transmitted differently than the other ones.  So, she persuaded me to go with the Oticon CROS system, and I have been happy with it.

But I still have wondered how well the Signia CROS system worked and if I should have gone with it instead.  They seem to be built very well.  So that's why I appreciate your input on yours.  What made you decide to switch from the Phonak to the Signia?
Burning Tongue, Loss of Hearing & Balance, and Tinnitus led to MRI. Very small AN found on 11/23/2021
While watching and waiting, lost significant hearing. WRS now at 12% (down from 100%). Was fitted with CROS system on 3/7/22.  Stable MRI on 7/29/22
No treatment yet.