Author Topic: Physicians in Birmingham AL-Pappas, Jr.  (Read 3740 times)

bigosAN

Physicians in Birmingham AL-Pappas, Jr.
« on: September 16, 2013, 08:49:42 am »
My husband was recently diagnosed with a 8mm AN.  His ENT has referred him to Dr Pappas, Jr in Birmingham, AL.  Has anyone had experience with this physician?  Does anyone have recommendations of a physician that would be close to Alabama?

alabamajane

Re: Physicians in Birmingham AL-Pappas, Jr.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:35:36 pm »
Hi,
As you can see, I'm in AL,, I did have my surgery at UAB in Oct 2011. ( I have my second annual post surgery MRI up there next week in fact) I used Dr Benjamin McGrew, otolaryngologist ,, and neurosurgeon was Dr Winfield Fisher,, both excellent Drs in my opinion . They have offices in the Kirklin center right at UAB,. You can feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further,, I am willing to talk and answer any questions you have ,,, it's a very difficult time for sure,, I can give you more info if you like,,not sure what part of the state you are in; however, we have a support group in Mobile area,, Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Alan Goldberg

• Caregiver since September 2009.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »
Go to the ANA website and make sure you ask the right questions of any doctor with whom you meet - most importantly how many surgeries have they done, who else is part of their team and have they had experience with a tumor like yours.  The answers to these questions will help you know if they are right for you. Second opinions don't hurt, but make sure you're asking the right questions.

Good luck

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 05:45:42 am »
Hi Alan, thrilled to see you here and participating on the forums. Thank you for all you do! Phyllis

Go to the ANA website and make sure you ask the right questions of any doctor with whom you meet - most importantly how many surgeries have they done, who else is part of their team and have they had experience with a tumor like yours.  The answers to these questions will help you know if they are right for you. Second opinions don't hurt, but make sure you're asking the right questions.

Good luck
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"