Author Topic: Why do I have Dry Droopy Eyes, Facial Stiffness, Headache, after Cyberknife???  (Read 4392 times)

Bena

I cannot figure out why I have these symptoms. Docs just chalk it up to stress and put me on antianxiety. I cannot take Decadron because of horrible side effects. But NOW I am dealing with stiff neck, droopy dry eyes, face is stiff, pressure and a general "buzzy" feeling in my brain, and headaches. Also hands and arms are numb.

I was under the impression all of this was not applicable to Cyberknife they told me no side effects were to be expected. What can I do, besides go on Steroids???? Did they do something wrong? Has there been nerve damage or something??
Acoustic Neuroma: Prediagnosis Symptoms: 5 yrs tinnitis, 1 yr. dizziness. Size 4 mm x 10 mm (w/ a tail wrapped around the nerve) Cyberknife, Dr. Lin Ft Wayne 4/22/13 (3x) - Post Cyberknife symptoms: weak knees, tingly/numb arms and legs, decadron psychosis, ears ring, face stiff, eye dry/drooping

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
I looked at your other posts.

You've given us nothing to go on.

Like your age, the size and location of your AN (read your procedure reports), your pre-treatment history, where you had the CK, who your doctors were, and which one is telling you it's just stress.

We're not doctors, but the more information you provide, the better the chance that someone with similar background could make some helpful comments.
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

Bena

Acoustic Neuroma: Prediagnosis Symptoms: 5 yrs tinnitis, 1 yr. dizziness. MRI diagnosis: Acoustic Neuroma: Size 4 mm x 10 mm (w/ a tail wrapped around the nerve) Cyberknife, Dr. Lin Ft Wayne 4/17,19,22, 2013. Post Cyberknife symptoms: weak knees, tingly/numb arms and legs, decadron psychosis, ears ring, face stiff, eye dry/drooping.
Acoustic Neuroma: Prediagnosis Symptoms: 5 yrs tinnitis, 1 yr. dizziness. Size 4 mm x 10 mm (w/ a tail wrapped around the nerve) Cyberknife, Dr. Lin Ft Wayne 4/22/13 (3x) - Post Cyberknife symptoms: weak knees, tingly/numb arms and legs, decadron psychosis, ears ring, face stiff, eye dry/drooping

PaulW

I believe any symptoms of AN's can begin to happen or get worse after radiation.
These symptoms I believe are usually temporary, but can persist for months.
So Dry Droopy Eye... should only be one! ear ringing... should only be one, facial stiffness one side, headache, can happen..

Tingly numb arms and legs, and weak knees do not sound like typical AN side effects

Headache can be a sign of hydrocephalus, weak knees tingly arms and legs too..
My understanding is that Hydrocephalus can happen for tumours larger than 2cm but in theory could happen after radiation for any size tumour.

What every is happening it doesn't appear to relate to the typical experience after radiation.

Well worth seeking medical advise 
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!