Author Topic: Right eye twitch, frightened!  (Read 6462 times)

anothereveryman

Right eye twitch, frightened!
« on: May 21, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »
My schwannoma is on in my left side's cochlea, but I've noticed that my right eyelid twitches a lot. I'm frightened, wondering if this is related in any way to the tumor. Does the left side control the right side of the face? Is it possible this is related?

If anyone has any insight, please respond.

anothereveryman

Re: Right eye twitch, frightened!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 08:10:01 pm »
For clarification this only started two days ago. I hope it goes away, but if its tumor related... not much chance of that.

mk

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 08:31:36 pm »
A left side AN typically only affects the left side (i.e. with cranial nerves it is not like the opposite side of the brain controls the opposite hand/foot). Eyelid twitching is commonly stress related. I have had eye twitching randomly over the years, always when my stress levels were high.  I hope this will dissolve soon for you.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

anothereveryman

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:21 am »
A left side AN typically only affects the left side (i.e. with cranial nerves it is not like the opposite side of the brain controls the opposite hand/foot). Eyelid twitching is commonly stress related. I have had eye twitching randomly over the years, always when my stress levels were high.  I hope this will dissolve soon for you.

Marianna

Thank you for your response. I only noticed this a few days ago, and yes, I am very anxious much of the time in recent days. It might be a part of getting older. I'm 32 now, not used to these sorts of health problems, let alone tumors.

It means a lot to me to have a vote of confidence that this isn't necessarily tumor related.

mesafinn

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:26 am »
I concur with Marianna....eye twitches tend to be stress related.  Given your recent diagnosis and focus on the AN---quite understandable---that may have triggered the twitches.  So it may be related in that way, but it should dissipate as you try to minimize your stresses.

Keep finding the support you need.  That helps!!

P.
Oct 2012:  Constant Pulsatile Tinnitus
Feb 28, 2013: Dx AN 1.4 cm X .9 mm
April 19, 2013:  GK at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford

Some things in my life need to matter less, and other things in my life need to matter more.  So yes, I'm taking this as a "lesson learned experience."

proudmomof3

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 10:24:06 am »
Just wanted to let you know that I have a right-sided AN, and strange enough, my left eye has been twitching for 7 months. My GP says it is lack of sleep or stress-related. I have not seen my neuro yet to ask him about it, but I noticed that it does occur more when I am under a huge amount of stress.

It would be interesting to find out if they were related, since your AN is on the left and mine is on the right, and our eye twitching is the opposite side.

If I find out any info on it, I will be sure to let you know. Otherwise, I would not be that worried. Mine has calmed down since it began, so now it is just occassional twitching instead of all-day twitching.

Take care!
Right AN - 1.5cm
Diagnosed 3/2011
GK  4/2011
Last MRI 5/13 - 1.5cm
SSD Right Side, Constant Tinnitus, Vertigo, Headaches

anothereveryman

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »
Just wanted to let you know that I have a right-sided AN, and strange enough, my left eye has been twitching for 7 months. My GP says it is lack of sleep or stress-related. I have not seen my neuro yet to ask him about it, but I noticed that it does occur more when I am under a huge amount of stress.

It would be interesting to find out if they were related, since your AN is on the left and mine is on the right, and our eye twitching is the opposite side.

If I find out any info on it, I will be sure to let you know. Otherwise, I would not be that worried. Mine has calmed down since it began, so now it is just occassional twitching instead of all-day twitching.

Take care!

I have severe anxiety related to an OCD condition, so this insight may make a lot of sense to me, too. Thank you.

anothereveryman

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 08:37:46 pm »
I concur with Marianna....eye twitches tend to be stress related.  Given your recent diagnosis and focus on the AN---quite understandable---that may have triggered the twitches.  So it may be related in that way, but it should dissipate as you try to minimize your stresses.

Keep finding the support you need.  That helps!!

P.
I have some emotional disorders, so this is most likely what is to blame for the twitching.

Thank you all for your support!