Author Topic: tingling hands and feet  (Read 3270 times)

Alison

tingling hands and feet
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:12:13 am »
Hi,
I'm 4 months post SRS and have recently had much worsened balance and vertigo. But for the past week I have had tingling in my hands and feet, like pins and needles but without the"dead" limb sensation you get with that.

This has been constant, there in the background and not gone away.

I googled it and was surprised to see it listed as an after affect of radiation therapy (causing peripheral neuropathy).
Has anyone experienced this as I'm getting a bit concernned now!

Thanks Alison
CPA and IAC AN 14.5mm x 10mm x 8mm diagnosed August 2012 treatment in UK SRS Linac with headframe  Dec 2012 MRI 4 month post April 2013 was 18mm x 13 x 7.8 (this April MRI was not measured until Jan 2014) MRI January 2014 was 17mm x 11.4 x 8.3 (one year post)

jak1

Re: tingling hands and feet
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:09:55 pm »
so odd. .. I get this in my feet/toes and I have complained of it.. I do have lyme disease in addition to a radiated AN and I was told this might be from a Lyme co-infection.. but, now after reading your post.. not so sure..
2.7cm AN diagnosed 4/11.  Stanford CK 5/11.

Bena

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:20:03 pm »
I am less than 1 mo. out from my CK treatment, and am experiencing this as well. Please update me when you find out what it is: kinda freaky.
Acoustic Neuroma: Prediagnosis Symptoms: 5 yrs tinnitis, 1 yr. dizziness. Size 4 mm x 10 mm (w/ a tail wrapped around the nerve) Cyberknife, Dr. Lin Ft Wayne 4/22/13 (3x) - Post Cyberknife symptoms: weak knees, tingly/numb arms and legs, decadron psychosis, ears ring, face stiff, eye dry/drooping

nftwoed

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 11:27:40 am »
Hi;

I have PN a lot as a secondary Sx of NF-2. It's not dangerous or harmful, but annoying?! The worst is when the toes burn. The finger tingling is a reminder I'm alive when poor proprioception tells me I'm just floating around in space.