Author Topic: headache over left eyebrow on AN side  (Read 8086 times)

Karen

headache over left eyebrow on AN side
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:10:30 pm »
Has anyone had where the head hurts over the top of their eyebrow on the AN side?  Nothingi take helps.  it evens hurts to touch there.  I do have some damage to the trigeminal nerve and numbness on that side with sometimes a dull ache on that side of my face.  any input?
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

alabamajane

Re: headache over left eyebrow on AN side
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 07:00:49 am »
I do have a soreness in forehead from time to time,, I have found gentle deep massaging works best for me,, mine will ache between my eyebrows too,, it may hurt at first but i just persist until it relaxes some,,, I have the facial paralysis also so no muscle movement above eye on that side,,, so I guess that is what it is related to,, I'm not much on meds,, so can't say what  other than ibuprofen etc might help,,but massaging releases the tension for me,,, good luck,,Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

Anasazi42

• "Per aspera, ad astra"
Re: headache over left eyebrow on AN side
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:11:37 pm »
Has anyone had where the head hurts over the top of their eyebrow on the AN side?  Nothingi take helps.  it evens hurts to touch there.  I do have some damage to the trigeminal nerve and numbness on that side with sometimes a dull ache on that side of my face.  any input?

I have the same thing. The past few days were particularly bad. The pain woke me out of a sound sleep. My AN was on the right side and I usually feel pain above and behind the right eye, sometimes around the entire eye including what feels like the right sinus. I have total paralysis on the right side of my face and am unable to blink. I do have sharp trigeminal pains on the right side of my face, sometimes in the cheek or the gums, or my mouth; however, so far those trigeminal pains are infrequent thank god. I know of some who suffer constantly. I've read posts where people have achieved some relief from these legacy headaches with massage and acupuncture. Good luck and I hope you find some relief. Take care.
Diag. Dr. Saffran ENT 3-9-11; 45 yrs at time of diag. 3.5+ cm AN rt side; 9 hr retrosigmoid craniectomy 5-12-11 FL Hosp. South, Neurosurgeon Dr. Melvin Field; Gold wt implant
Post-op: facial para. (rt), double vision (cleared up), SSD, tinnitus, balance issues, ataxia, movement disorder