Author Topic: One month post CK  (Read 2060 times)

Guitarmn50

One month post CK
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:51:23 pm »
Well, I'm one month post CK, and so far I have not experienced hardly any of the "common" side of effects of radiosurgery.  Now, of course everybody is different in relation to this ailment, and I am certainly no exception, but so far I'm going about my daily life driving a transit bus. 

Though, after the second week, there were several instances when I felt...what I would call light headed; however, that may be semi related to frequent ongoing bouts I've had with insomnia. I've had periods of incessant insomnia for several years now.  I've also had frequent headaches--but nothing severe since my CK treatment..which is very strange. 

On occasion, I have had some mild headaches...which is usually related to my driving the bus: I do have sciatica from time to time, and some days it really flairs up from extended driving of some really lousy coaches that I get assigned, too! "Nova Bus"... passengers like them, but they'll cripple you!  :D  Anyway, all kidding aside, I'm taking Tylenol PM which helps me sleep ok, though it is a bit tough getting up in the morning.  There have been a few instances where I think I'm feeling a bit of pressure on my left temple, but it's a mild sensation, and usually fades quickly.

I guess this is still a bit early on..I am expecting things to change,  but so far it's business as usual...

Walter
Misdiagnosed in 2001/02/03 AN diagnosed 10/08/08
Diagnosed with advancing 2.3cm AN on 12-05-09: W&W 6 Months! MRI 07-2010 showed no growth

MRI 1-13 tumor increased 2mm
25.4mm X 22.2mm AN diagnosed on 1-8-13
Audiogram showed hearing loss left ear diminished to 20%

CK on 3/11; 3/12; 3/13    2013