Author Topic: Ending my Wait and Watch next week  (Read 3283 times)

lkrk

Ending my Wait and Watch next week
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:52:15 pm »
I am ending my Watch and Wait next week.  I was diagnosed in June 2011 with a 5 x 6 x 7 mm tumor.  December 2011 showed no growth.  December 2012 showed that it doubled in size. It is now a medium sized tumor. It also showed that growth was away from the facial nerves. I am having the translab approach on March 13th, a week from tomorrow (Yikes!).  We opted for this because I have lost about 80% of my hearing and I have vertigo 24/7.  I have been to balance therapy and then sent to a balance psychiatrist because I had fallen and had fear.  He was the most helpful person I had come across!  He sent me to Balance Confidence therapy.  Both avenues of therapy have really helped me.

I am nervous about surgery and recovery.  My mom is in hospice (and doing pretty darn good!) with a brain tumor (cancer). My best friend was recently diagnosed with two cancerous brain tumors.  This puts my tumor into perspective for me.  As my neurosurgeon said if one were to have a brain tumor, this would be the one to have.

Thank you for listening!
Lauren

Diagnosed 6/29/11 7mm
Dec 2012  1.5 cm
Translab scheduled 3/13/13

alabamajane

Re: Ending my Wait and Watch next week
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 09:30:56 pm »
Best of luck  to you Lauren and your Mother too,, goodness you have had a lot to deal with! We will be Here for you through it ALL , please keep us informed and know we are caring folks who have been in your shoes,,keep your attitude good and believe in your doctors and health care providers and you will do great,, our bet wishes and thoughts next week,, Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:32:05 pm »
Hi Lauren,
Wow you sure do have a lot on your plate.  I am having Trans Lab surgery on the 14th you didn't say type of surgery you are having.  Where are you from?  I am from GA.  I hope that all goes well for you on the 13th.  I will be praying for you and sending you good thoughts as I go through Pre-op.  I just want to have the surgery done so I can get on with the rest of my life.  Stay positive and know that everything will be alright.
Kathy

mesafinn

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »
Lauren and Kathy--

We are thinking of you and hoping all went remarkably!

Let us know when you can.  You're in our thoughts.

P.
Oct 2012:  Constant Pulsatile Tinnitus
Feb 28, 2013: Dx AN 1.4 cm X .9 mm
April 19, 2013:  GK at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford

Some things in my life need to matter less, and other things in my life need to matter more.  So yes, I'm taking this as a "lesson learned experience."

skipg

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 07:55:30 am »
Sounds like your tumor did the same as mine (double in size). I pray your treatment went well. I am hoping your mom and friend are doing well also.
Self diagnosed 11/17/2010 (love the internet)
MRI 12/2010 Official diagnosis 1/3/2011 RT AN 7x6x4mm's
MRI 6/17/2011 no change still 7X6X4
MRI 7/20/2012 growth spurt to 14mm
Aug 8th consult and decided on Proton Therapy
Proton Therapy @ Hampton Proton Institute,       done on 11/20/12