Author Topic: any advice for getting some sleep?  (Read 7055 times)

Patti

Re: any advice for getting some sleep?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 08:19:25 am »
It's Patti again.  I am so happy because last night I slept without medication.  I told my husband to hide the ambien from me.  The night before I had a dose of lorazepam and it helped greatly but I felt badly yesterday because I rely so much on ambien and when I try to stop I have anxiety about falling asleep and take one of my husbands lorazepams.  Last night I had no anxiety and it worked.  Here is the catch though-I have two teenage daughters-one who we took away to college as a freshman last week.  Between my part-time job, my daughters and the occassional marital squabble there is usually something that bothers me at night.  Last night was just a good night.  I am not working for 5 days to let this sleep thing sort out.  I guess I get anxious easily.  I have tried therapy for years.  It has helped with a lot but anxiety is still an issue.  I used to be a science teacher and now I can't teach anymore.  Therapy has helped me with accepting that but it still gets in my mind. I am babbling today.  I will enjoy the good day!  Patti
PS- how do you add the biographical stuff to the bottom of your entry?
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: any advice for getting some sleep?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 09:41:05 am »

PS- how do you add the biographical stuff to the bottom of your entry?

See the "how to's tips for newbies" postings  in the Welcome Message Area it's under "signature"--you can even post your pic!
Capt Deb
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 09:43:06 am by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW