Author Topic: Starting Cyberknife...  (Read 4212 times)

Guitarmn50

Starting Cyberknife...
« on: March 11, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »
Well, I finally followed it through, and the watch & wait is over!  Today, was DAY ONE!   Well, everything went very well.  I remained motionless--even though I had a few bouts of Bronchitis, and swallowing flem (during treatment) it all went perfectly.  Post op, I could tell  something happened: my legs felt a bit heavy..maybe lightheaded.  I do have a slight headache, but that might just be from my sore neck that was bothering me before I went in ! Jeez! for me that's "old hat !"   :o   I didn't get a good night sleep last night, and fortunately, I've been able to rest this afternoon...slept ffor about an hour, and then I woke up.   ::)  I'm an insomniac anyway! Well, we'll see what happens tonight.  I haven't taken any pain meds today--I had the Decodrin (sp) at treatment time.  I also have some Tylenol with Codine--though that might not be such a great idea.

I'll stay regular on the forum now... dedicated here!!!!   Walter
Misdiagnosed in 2001/02/03 AN diagnosed 10/08/08
Diagnosed with advancing 2.3cm AN on 12-05-09: W&W 6 Months! MRI 07-2010 showed no growth

MRI 1-13 tumor increased 2mm
25.4mm X 22.2mm AN diagnosed on 1-8-13
Audiogram showed hearing loss left ear diminished to 20%

CK on 3/11; 3/12; 3/13    2013

KBL

Re: Starting Cyberknife...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:39:18 pm »
Good luck Walter.  I had 5 treatments, 60 minutes each.  I needed Ativan to get through them.  It relaxed me enough that I could doze off during the sessions.  Then I came home and napped.  I didn't need pain killers during that time.  I also took a steroid after each treatment, the steroid caused sleeplessness at night for me.  Keep us informed on how it all goes.  Karen
5.6 cm. left side retrosigmoid surgery January 2010.  Dr. Villavicencio, Boulder, CO  Cyberknife April 2010  Left side  facial paresis started September 2010.  Gold weight implant Dec. 2010.  Total hearing loss on left side.  As of today, tumor still appox. 28x18x8 mm

Guitarmn50

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 07:47:10 pm »
Thank you Karen – I really appreciate that.   :)   Yes, I will keep everyone informed.
Diagnosed with advancing 2.3cm AN on 12-05-09: W&W 6 Months! MRI 07-2010 showed no growth

Guitarmn50

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:33:01 pm »
Well, number three went pretty good.  Model patient here, I guess.  No issues at all today, but I didn't get a good night sleep due, I believe, to the Decodrin.  Also, woke up  around 2am with a slight stinging sensation on my Neuroma side...which dissipated after about 5 minutes. Just one more to go and I'm done !   :D

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:27:34 am »
Marin County in the "bay area," huh?  Well, we're neighbors: I'm Joan Rivers in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  (wearing a rubber mask at times for a disguise)  Sometimes, I go out as Rita Hayworth since I used to sit next to her at "The Smokehouse Restaurant" in Toluca Lake, CA.

But seriously, CK left my head feeling heated even if the sun was exposed to my hair for seconds.  This sensation lasted about a year for me.

I didn't use the steroid drug since (yes, believe it or not) I have ended in ER from a reverse reaction of steroids.  (swelling and couldn't breathe)

I'm assuming you are a Stanford treated person.  (who is your team there?)

In any event, congratulations that as of today, the treatment is behind you.

Palace
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:31:22 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Guitarmn50

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 12:02:04 am »
Marin County in the "bay area," huh?  Well, we're neighbors: I'm Joan Rivers in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  (wearing a rubber mask at times for a disguise)  Sometimes, I go out as Rita Hayworth since I used to sit next to her at "The Smokehouse Restaurant" in Toluca Lake, CA.

But seriously, CK left my head feeling heated even if the sun was exposed to my hair for seconds.  This sensation lasted about a year for me.

I didn't use the steroid drug since (yes, believe it or not) I have ended in ER from a reverse reaction of steroids.  (swelling and couldn't breathe)

I'm assuming you are a Stanford treated person.  (who is your team there?)

In any event, congratulations that as of today, the treatment is behind you.

Palace

That is a condition I was completely unaware of: I'm so sorry to hear you have gone through such an unfortunate experience such as that !

For myself, I was treated at the Kaiser Permanente Cancer Research Center at South San Francisco.  Everything seems to be okay for my final day...no headaches or adverse reactions whatsoever. I did experience a little bit of insomnia over the last couple of days but nothing too detrimental. 

I'm feeling a little bit spent on this last day, but feel fairly normal otherwise.  Fortunately, this was the last day of using Decodrin, too..I guess in my case it did work.  Now, it's just a matter of watching, and wondering if the the damn thing is finished..time will tell. 

Walter 

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 05:11:05 am »
Walter,

Have been following along and want to congratulate you for being a "Toastie Postie" (radiation post-treatment)! :)

Immediately post radiation, I did have "hot face" and hints of flushing but nothing that couldn't be tolerable. It calmed down and did peek out every now and then for a couple of months.  Again, nothing bad.  Wanted to send you wellness wishes and will continue to follow.

Now that I am approaching my 7 yr ANniversary of CK, passing the wellness torch to you for a successful outcome! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Guitarmn50

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »
Walter,

Have been following along and want to congratulate you for being a "Toastie Postie" (radiation post-treatment)! :)

Immediately post radiation, I did have "hot face" and hints of flushing but nothing that couldn't be tolerable. It calmed down and did peek out every now and then for a couple of months.  Again, nothing bad.  Wanted to send you wellness wishes and will continue to follow.

Now that I am approaching my 7 yr ANniversary of CK, passing the wellness torch to you for a successful outcome! :)

Phyl

Thank you Phyl !   :D

Well Phyl, I seem to be experiencing some of that hot face effect as well.   It comes and goes...what the heck it's only day 4 after treatment.  Like you said, It's not that bad..certainly nothing that I can't deal with as well..

Ok, I'll take that torch Phyl, and run with it to my equally bright ANniversary and move it on accordingly !   8) 

Regards Walt